• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yema absolutely still exists. I purchased a Mecaquartz watch from them just a few months ago--very affordable. Seiko movement. Here's the official pic from their website (I'm not on my phone at the moment and don't have my own pic on this computer, but this is the same watch):

Yema-Rallygraf-Reverse-Panda--Mesh_800x.png

Rick "nicely executed" Denney

JohnBooty

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It's a picture from back in the winter. Some of my dive watches. The collection has since expanded. :)

I'm wearing the black Casio today. Fantastic low-cost ($50!) watch. Comes on a bad plastic strap but that's easy to remedy with a NATO strap or metal bracelet.

I have a small collection of mechanical watches as well and I love them. However, my dive watches are proudly quartz-only.

IMG_7644.jpeg

Zog

It's a picture from back in the winter. Some of my dive watches. The collection has since expanded. :)

I'm wearing the black Casio today. Fantastic low-cost ($50!) watch. Comes on a bad plastic strap but that's easy to remedy with a NATO strap or metal bracelet.

I have a small collection of mechanical watches as well and I love them. However, my dive watches are proudly quartz-only.

View attachment 121616
I also have those two Casio Duros. I also put them on canvas straps. I have bought a pair of sapphire crystals and may do the conversion this weekend.

JohnBooty

Forum Donor
I also have those two Casio Duros. I also put them on canvas straps. I have bought a pair of sapphire crystals and may do the conversion this weekend.
DURO GANG! Stock up on the blue one, if you want to have a spare in case the mod goes badly - it's discontinued in favor of the MDV-107 models which drop the blue dial (and, distressingly, the marlin illustration)

https://www.pacparts.com/model.cfm?model_id=MDV-107

I love the idea of modding a Duro with a sapphire crystal that costs as much as the watch did. The low cost of the watch makes it a great watch upon which to experiment without fear. I plan on doing a few experiments of my own once the new colors are available as I'd like to mix and match some of the new bezels with the old dials. I already accidentally murdered one Duro in a different experiment.

Propheticus

They're more like educated guesses :p
Just like I guess your post above at some point contained a picture of an expensive watch you then decided to remove again.

Vict0r

merkur2.jpg

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Haven't had a watch for 15 years since the last one fell off my arm someplace between Tampa and Daytona, so I got this to cover the little bald spot above my left wrist and show the time while at the airfield performing my club duties:

1618329560167.png

About $16. Made in China, of course.

Lost about two minutes in the six weeks or so I've had it.

Good enough, I guess.

I think the old one (it was similar) kept better time.

andrewjohn007

Forum Donor
My father's October 1968 Benrus DTU-2A/P MIL-W-3818B as issued to him as a USAF Navigator in Vietnam. TBH I don't really wear it that much as I am far too afraid of damaging the watch. I almost threw the watch away as it was tucked down in a small pocket in my father's moldy and decrepit leather flight briefcase.

Attachments

• 66599E57-5E71-4C8C-B2F3-B014DB83D60A_1_201_a.jpeg
    66599E57-5E71-4C8C-B2F3-B014DB83D60A_1_201_a.jpeg
    702.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 4420D8D0-F39A-4CD9-BD2E-EC8EE12447F9_1_201_a.jpeg
    4420D8D0-F39A-4CD9-BD2E-EC8EE12447F9_1_201_a.jpeg
    455.5 KB · Views: 95

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Casio W-59B-3AVEF

Sits on my wrist. Shows the time. Doesn't fall apart. Perfect for my needs :D

casio-collection-w-59b-3avef.jpg

Okay, story time:

About half a year ago or so this watch disappeared on me. I looked everywhere but couldn't find it, and after some time I gave up and just bought a different model as a replacement...

Fast forward to yesterday night, I'm doing some nasty laundry that needs the hygiene program on the machine. It's a little low on volume, so I grab an old work hoodie that hasn't been used for ages and hasn't been washed for far longer and throw it in.

When the wash is done I just leave the clothes in the machine because I don't want the sound of the tumble dryer keeping me awake during the night. In the morning when I finally put the wet clothes in the dryer I notice some noise but simply think to myself that it must be a zipper or something. I forget about the dryer and it runs on the the final "agitation" step most of the day until an hour ago when I'm looking for something in the garage where the dryer is placed and decide to pull out the clothes, and see something fall on the floor... My little white Casio. Completely undamaged, but very clean and still running like a charm o_O:D

Vict0r

aevig.jpg

Top Bottom