• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

NTomokawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Current wearing one of these:
SDA05002B.jpg

Took two replacements to get a good one. Guess "third time's the charm" is real.

Hugo9000

Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Diver BN0150-28E

citz-bn0150-28e.jpg

I only buy Citizen watches, since my first one saved my life when I was in the Navy. Someone tried to murder me by pushing me from 4th Deck Watch in the #1 reactor plant, and my watch band caught on a metal pole and held long enough for me to get a grip and pull myself up. Otherwise, I'd have plummeted to a very unpleasant death haha!

OP
NTomokawa

NTomokawa

Forum Donor
I only buy Citizen watches, since my first one saved my life when I was in the Navy. Someone tried to murder me by pushing me from 4th Deck Watch in the #1 reactor plant, and my watch band caught on a metal pole and held long enough for me to get a grip and pull myself up. Otherwise, I'd have plummeted to a very unpleasant death haha!
USN? Carrier? Yikes.
Was there an investigation into this?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I have a little hairless spot on my left wrist where my watch used to be before I lost it.

I mostly only need to know how close it is to the end of which month now.

Hugo9000

USN? Carrier? Yikes.
Was there an investigation into this?
U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln, CVN-72
The ship was in port, and that reactor plant was shut down. I was the shutdown reactor room supervisor (so long ago, I can't remember the exact watch title lol, I only remember the operational watchstation titles. When running, I stood Chief Reactor Watch), taking log readings on all of the equipment. There were no witnesses, as the only other people were in the control room. I know who it was, but there was no way of proving anything, so I made no formal report. He drank urine in his coffee every watch for the duration of my last WestPac "cruise," though, before the completion of my 6 year enlistment, so there's that haha!

OP
NTomokawa

NTomokawa

Forum Donor
Wore one of these things when I was still in the Forces, but with an OD Zulu band:

momentum_m50_mark_ii_1m-dv54b11b.jpg

Never got around to truly love this thing, probably because the second hand never hit the hash marks, and the minute hand jerked every time the second hand moved.

Hugo9000

On the left, the one that saved my life haha! (Never had the clasp replaced, it gave way just as I got a handhold with the other hand.) The newer watch that collected some dust sitting on my dresser since I wore it last is on the right. Sorry for the potato picture lol.
my watches.jpg

Here's a better pic I found on the internet of the old watch:
Citizen.png

caguilar91

IMG_20181023_145150_905.jpg

Porsche Design Flat Six P'6351 most of the time. Have some vintage and not so vintage Rolex, Tudor, Movado, etc. :facepalm:

s-l400 (1).jpg

The dial looks like a dashboard instrument.

s-l400 (2).jpg

The case is designed like a piston.

s-l400 (3).jpg

The strap has a tire pattern inside and the rotor is shaped like half a wheel.

PSX_20190211_190320.jpg

Oh, and did I mention the Lume?

I love the design of this watch and is a great daily!

Last edited:
Top Bottom