• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
On my timegrapher, as I rotate the watch to different positions, the beat and rate change slightly

Thats exactly how my Sub is. It will gain a consistent amount per day, and depending on whether I put it down stem up or down, or flat, or the varying options, I can 'tune' how much it will then lose that night, rinse repeat. I started messing with different placements, and when I got it to where it is now I figure that's good enough...but they are interesting little machines.

GeorgeWalk

When not running with my Garmin Fenix 5, I use this.

Attachments

• IMG_1294.jpg
    IMG_1294.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 120

MRC01

Major Contributor
Garmin Fenix 5? I have one for running.
For outdoor activities, I wear a Suunto Ambit 3. The display is not as nice as the Garmin, but it has the same functions and the battery lasts longer.
However, it's not a daily wear watch for me. This (and all other GPS watches) are too big & bulky, getting in the way of shirt sleeves, jackets, and daily activities.
1585774603795.png

Last edited:

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
I have a couple of Citizen Eco-Drive watches that charge via the watch face, one stainless, one titanium and they've been excellent. The stainless one must be at least 15 years old and I've never had to touch it.

They're both quite similar to this one.

1591205506396.png

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am using a very special AC power cable that wraps around the wrist and contains a phase lag timekeeping device with a digital readout.

xykreinov

Forum Donor
Here's an old no-name Fusion watch of mine that I found in my basement today
_1670659.JPG

_1670664.JPG

What do you guys think? Is it too gimmicky and gaudy?

Top Bottom