• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
That's a very nice collection. Do you rotate through them? Favorite(s)?
I wear the BLNR most of the time, it's the perfect watch for me. I love the easy link, and the size and how it wears. At the moment I'm wearing the Seiko Transocean, it's a big summer watch. I mostly switch between the two GMTs, the big Seikos sometimes for fun. I rarely wear the Sea-dweller, it's in pristine condition and I don't want anything to happen to it.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Any fans of smaller (sub-40mm) watches here? Being around big lawyers and bankers has given me an aversion to big Rolexes and Omegas.

I don't have a proper watch yet, but I'd like to get one, if for no other reason than to be able to see the time (during meetings, etc.) without looking at my phone.

You could get a girls watch...

CTRLM

My hobbies are:
  • Mechanical watches
  • Hifi
  • Cars
I have way too many watches, way too many DACs & hifi peripherals and way too many mods on my car. There is a definite pattern of behaviour here :facepalm:

FWIW I'm wearing my Bvlgari Octo Roma with in-house movement today.

Octo.jpg

Last edited:

soundwave76

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Any fans of smaller (sub-40mm) watches here?

Yes. I have a 36mm Rolex Datejust (pic earlier in the thread) and I have owned several sub 40mm watches over the years, for example 38mm Zenith el Primero Chronomaster, 38mm Breitlling Montbrillant and a 38mm Omega Speedmaster Reduced. Check those out. 40mm is the max size for me.

cjfrbw

bogart

Forum Donor
Years ago I had a G-Shock. The resin band broke; replacement of the band required opening the entire watch including removal of the rubber gasket. It was never the same after that, and I chucked it.

Sadly, I can't wear a G-Shock where I work now.

Been looking at Grand Seikos for a couple of years. The recent shifts in the GS line toward size and ostentation have disappointed me.

There are still some gems in the new releases though, and it’s hard to argue with Spring Drive having incredible performance. I am keeping my eye open for a Snowflake at the right price...

MRC01

Major Contributor
The Seiko 5 is a decent cheap mechanical automatic watch, sub-40mm in size.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SSUQFG
I haven't worn a watch for at least 20 years.
I look at the stupidly large watches these days and wonder what has happened.
Here's a dose of sanity, I happen to be wearing the Seiko 5 I mentioned earlier. It's cheap (about $80), reliable, water resistant (I've been free diving to about 35' depth with it), keeps good time, and about 38 mm in diameter. I brought it on my S America trip this summer because I didn't want to be walking around Ecuador & Peru with a fancy watch. Mechanical, so no batteries to ever replace. Just use it until it stops working, and when that eventually happens (probably several years) it's cheap enough to toss it and buy another.
20191015_151018.jpg

Krusty09

Forum Donor
Got this like 10years ago . Nice well built watch. It's nice part of it is built in the USA and gives some money to charity.

Attachments

• 0_20191025_103041.jpg
    0_20191025_103041.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 184

Krusty09

Forum Donor
Oh yeah in case you were wondering here is the website. cgawatches.com

Top Bottom