• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

digititus

Here are the watches I cycle on my wrist often. JLC, Girard, and Luminox spend most time on my wrist.

Based on pure performance, Citizen Blue Angels solar atomic time kills in every measurable aspect. Looks are killer as well. But you know what, I do enjoy my JLC chrono and Girard 1945. In mechanical realm, they perform +/- 10 sec per month. Amazing, considering Orient, as rugged and dependable as it is, does 5-15 minutes per month accuracy. I love my AP as well. Apple is for workouts. Look forward to buying a Garmin Enduro.

View attachment 140442

View attachment 140443

View attachment 140444
View attachment 140445
View attachment 140446
View attachment 140447
PS: dream is a Lange Datograph. Need to work hard and have lots and lots of luck
View attachment 140448
Nice collection. Love the Datagraph. Have a number of Lange watches myself.

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
I have a couple of Citizen's lower cost Eco drive watches, which have been superb and worked flawlessly for about 15 years so far, but I think some of their top models are really impressive from a technical viewpoint; personally I like their understated looks too:

The Eco One, which has a case less than 3mm thick:

Untitled-1.jpg

The Calibre 0100 which is accurate to +/- 1 second per year.

Untitled-2.jpg

I really like these limited edition red and green faced Chronomasters too; although these are "only" accurate to +/- 5 seconds per year:

1626114691912.png

Last edited:

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor
For everyday bopping around with kiddos, a Seiko Prospex "Turtle" on a NATO strap.

For fancier occasions, a Seiko "Cocktail Time" (SARB065), a vintage Girard-Perrgaux Alarm, or a Vacheron Constantin "Overseas".

I sold my Panerai "Fiddy" 1950 not too long ago. Too brash, and I couldn't deal with the obnoxiously domed crystal.

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a couple of Citizen's lower cost Eco drive watches, which have been superb and worked flawlessly for about 15 years so far, but I think some of their top models are really impressive from a technical viewpoint; personally I like their understated looks too:

The Eco One, which has a case less than 3mm thick:

View attachment 140708

The Calibre 0100 which is accurate to +/- 1 second per year.

View attachment 140709

I really like these limited edition red and green faced Chronomasters too; although these are "only" accurate to +/- 5 seconds per year:

View attachment 140713
I like the 'thin'.

Tatteredmidnight

Lovely watches. I'm a big fan of Zenith--one of the great watch companies.

Here's one of mine, a Captain Chronograph from about a decade ago:

front.jpg

Rick "Zenith: the first Swiss vertically integrated manufacture in the American style--1865" Denney
Beautiful watch! A severely underrated company with a storied history and beautiful designs.

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
Very happy with this purchase. I think anyone who has a real AP will have a laugh when he sees this :D
Shipping was fast and quality is very good.

Also, this is a real summer sports watch. I can wear this mountainbiking without a worry. My friends say it's a girl's watch, but what do they know :p

IMG_20210723_114148_1.jpg

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Huawei GT2.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I used to love these and wore them for some years until they became unavailable. It's a large watch with some kOOL features. They cost about $80 in Canada.

Timex-Ironman-review.jpg

Now I wear one of these. They cost about $40 from Amazon.ca It's disposable for me, does not fray my shirts at the cuffs, does not scratch stuff I carry and lasts about 5 years before the battery depletes and the strap splits apart.
timex-marathon-digital-dial-black-rubber-mens-watch-t5k423.jpg

I used to wear a nice Seiko but the lens thingy cracked 3 times after some very very harsh treatment, it constantly cut into my shirt cuffs and frayed the fabric and I got so frustrated that I switched over to rubber/plastic watches. It looked sorta like this one and was about $500.00
fc2c4cba-faa6-4f8d-94f9-a9e595bc321a_1.29c73f3c55058d1ec8ac2b006a0cc9a7.jpeg

Ken1951

Addicted to Fun and Learning
43D88FE8-1113-467D-9860-7E7CAA91CBF3.jpeg

My sister had this watch restored for me for my 70th birthday a few weeks ago. It was our grandfather's and was presented to him in 1953 for 25 years service for the company he worked for. It is a Hamilton Fleetwood. 18 jewels, 14K gold case, 18K gold numerals, markers and squares, and a sterling silver dial. It was running fast so it's back for some adjustment. Can't wait to put in rotation with the Breitling I've worn for 20 years.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Garmin Vivosmart 4. Believe or not it attracts lots of attention from the ladies. They go out of their way to tell me they like the watch, want to know what it is, and how much does it cost. They loved the slender spare styling which works great on a woman's wrist. How strange? It is a fitness smartwatch. More fit than smart, but smart enough I'm surprised by the convenience of it. Anyway its what I'm wearing today.

1629859941100.png

Zog

Garmin Vivosmart 4. Believe or not it attracts lots of attention from the ladies. They go out of their way to tell me they like the watch, want to know what it is, and how much does it cost. They loved the slender spare styling which works great on a woman's wrist. How strange? It is a fitness smartwatch. More fit than smart, but smart enough I'm surprised by the convenience of it. Anyway its what I'm wearing today.

View attachment 149370
I guess that as soon as the ladies comment the rate moves upwards, the heart changes to pink and begins to pulsate.

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Wearing a watch to attract comments from the ladies is a bit like asking them for advice on cigars or scotch. Sure, they might know, but they probably don't really care. Is that a stereotype? No, it's a model. All models are false, but some are useful.

(Edited to add: My wife loves watches, but she prefers her jewels on the outside rather than the inside, except for the quartz crystal, that is.)

They do care about fitness, though that can usually be ascertained more accurately by a quick visual inspection that does not require checking the presence of a fitness wristband.

Rick "who used up his interest in fitness-related technology when training for an Ironman triathlon 20 years ago" Denney

Genkishi569

Very happy with this purchase. I think anyone who has a real AP will have a laugh when he sees this :D
Shipping was fast and quality is very good.

Also, this is a real summer sports watch. I can wear this mountainbiking without a worry. My friends say it's a girl's watch, but what do they know :p

View attachment 144361

In all honesty though, Casio did a very good job replicating an amalgam of the Royal Oak and Royal Oak Offshore without throwing their G-Shock design DNA away so they have my utmost respect in that regard. It's practically a dead-ringer for the case RO bezel and case especially with the mirror finished chamfering of the lugs. The bezel's mirror finished parts lack that diagonally angled curve to really get the RO bezel (it is not an ROO bezel homage) absolutely right. Also, I love those hours markers. I'd love to try on some Casioaks (Dark Knight pls) myself when I my local dealers start opening again (cause lockdowns).

You gave me a reason to post this picture. I'm just really proud of how this picture came out even though the toilet paper in the background kinda ruins how dramatic it is. This is the 15706Au ROO Forged Carbon Diver. Can never capture the marbling of the forged carbon so this will have to do. Had to use a headphone as a stand cause the damn thing wouldn't stay flat.

IMG_20210819_215251.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom