• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Watched a Netflix documentary on Schumacher

3dbinCanada

I watched a Netflix special on Schumacher. Like Hamilton, he started off from very humble beginnings as well. IHO, he still ranks as the best Formula1 Driver out there because he took Ferrari which was a very broken team with a really sh?t car and transformed Ferrari back to their former glory. He would close up shop with the mechanics looking for ways to improve the car while the car was in development. He treated the Ferrari team like an extension of his family. Its easy to win championships in cars that are already the best in the pack but quite another to nurse and develop a sh?t car into something viable and start winning races. Ferrari's last trip to the podium before Schumacher agreed to drive was back in 1979, the year I graduated from high school.

AudioSQ

It was a pretty good watch. I was hoping for more details on his health, but I get it.

I'm going to the next race, I'm pretty stoked. Glad the race for champion is still so close. I was worried it would pretty much be wrapped up by this point. Hopefully it's an exciting race because that ticket money could have put a nice dent into some audio gear.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Growing up I had equal parts apathy and dislike for Schumacher, but after watching the documentary i have a completely different view of the man. Gritty, self effacing, determined and humble who always went to his roots to draw his inspiration. I mean the man worked to bring Ferrari up to competitiveness with his single minded quest to make it competitive and win. He's definitely a one off in my book and i wish he was back hale to be around and comment on current age of Formula 1.

Top Bottom