• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WARNING: Many people selling their faulty Topping L30 amplifiers in eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSmith

Master Contributor
This is the worst possible outcome of this thread.
Agreed, however it is what it is... so I can't see myself feeling comfortable with a purchase now. I was literally a few weeks away from buying one... now going back to the drawing board. I want my system upgrade to be solid in both performance and build quality. I like to do a lot of research before I commit to buying items (sometimes too much) and once I settle on a choice I will expect many years of hassle free enjoyment before having to go through the upgrade process again.

I appreciate the angle that a complete replacement is a good step by Topping, however that said it's pretty standard to replace a defective product.

We have very strong consumer laws here in Australia... they would be required by law to repair, replace or refund.

JSmith

jannek

One thing is to replace defective (i.e. non working) products, but replacing every item which works fine but could fail in the future (maybe in some years) is something completely different.

Quomz

Replacing only the amplifier and not providing a second power supply seemed to me like a smart move to make selling amplifiers affected by the issue harder.

At least if people requested a replacement and are now selling the surplus unit.

If some of the sellers have never had a replacement and just resell their old amplifier then They would do it even if topping did somehow make sure all replaced units were destroyed.

D

Deleted member 27758

How do you determine if L30 is faulty ? Mine L30 has SN2008621300, I got L30/E30 stack because of rave reviews and this is my first desktop equipment. To be fair I'm not impressed with this stack, maybe the synergy Is not there with focal clear headphones, but what scares me most is that I can even damage my headphones or IEM's which are not cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom