• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WARNING: MacOS Catalina and audio devices

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/macos-10-15-catalina-compatibility-list/

If you use a Mac be aware the upcoming Catalina update will possibly cause issues for audio software and hardware. The linked article is mostly about pro recording gear. At least a few people here use an RME or similar units. So hold off on the update until manufacturers work out the kinks. I received emails on some of the gear I own warning me to wait until they have new software to work with Catalina.

GrimSurfer

Major Contributor
Great tip, @Blumlein 88. These things happen every few years in the MAC world. I remember when Power PC architectures were dropped and, with it, a lot of hw/sw incompatibilities emerged.

I'm not affected because I'm using an older MBP for a music server (my newer MBP is in strategic reserve to replace it soon)... but this is massively useful for anyone using a new Mac for audio work.

Top Bottom