• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Warning About Topping Products and the Seller HiFiGo

tpict

I was about ready to pull the trigger on the PA5/E50 combo :(

What are the closest competing systems from more customer-friendly manufacturers?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I was about ready to pull the trigger on the PA5/E50 combo :(

What are the closest competing systems from more customer-friendly manufacturers?
I am not sure that the Topping E50 has issues like the others. It sure would be a waste of a very good DAC if it is one of the troublesome ones too.

tpict

The E50 is still in my crosshairs. Just need an amp for it. I don't need multiple inputs, display, volume controls... just a compact amp that won't break or burst into flames.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The E50 is still in my crosshairs. Just need an amp for it. I don't need multiple inputs, display, volume controls... just a compact amp that won't break or burst into flames.
Perhaps start a thread with your wants/needs in the title. So as not to derail/hijack this one. :D

OP
S

Stevedread

After a long wait I finally have my unit back and I can now say that both Topping and HiFiGo are knowingly selling a product which they know is defective.

As a hardware technologist with over 40 years of experience I have never heard of any issues with balanced inputs or outputs.

And, I am shocked that Topping cannot design such a common circuit like the rest of the industry. In fact, manufactures of the IC’s in this product probably provide app notes including schematics and pcb layout information on how to design their parts into your circuit. Clearly the IC manufactures want to make this simple and painless and I am pretty sure their recommended design won’t blow up if used incorrectly.

So what I cannot figure out is how could Topping get this so wrong? Makes me suspicious about the rest of their products?

And then how can HiFiGo sell this product and then when it breaks make us pay shipping when they know this is not our fault.

Finally, on both Topping and HiFiGo’s website how can they make the following statement?
“Please note, D10B doesn't support single-ended output even with adapters.”

When the truth is:
“Please note, do not use as single-ended output or with adapters as this could damage your unit.”

Unfortunately I have learned the hard way after a long wait and spending over $300.00cdn for a product I cannot use since my system is unbalanced.

I will never buy from Topping nor HiFiGo again!

As I saw in an earlier post maybe I will look into JDS Labs and Schiit products.

Top Bottom