• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WANTED: Broken Topping PA5 for research purposes

gamerpaddy

if anyone wants to get rid of their broken Topping PA5 or want to help me out with one,
ideally one that hasnt been opened, parts taken out or modified. powersupply included of course.
im willing to pay 150 EUR( via Paypal, shipping included to or within germany ) for it.

I want to reverse engineer it a little more than my last attempt seen here
and make a replacement D-01 module thats open source

Why dont i do this with the one i depotted allready?
because its my only one and it works since i repaired it,
if this doesnt go to plan, i may have scrapped a perfectly good PA5 rather than a broken one.

Entropy

Are you still open to this? Having a bad time with a support service, I might be able to provide one (not guaranteed, yet). There are a few questions I have, though.

1. If you're open to this, are you fine with a (hopefully) Brand new Pa5? It would be shipped to me first, where I would test it and briefly listen, before re-packing and sending it your way.
2. I'm in the US. Would that mean that you're willing to pay 150EUR+ Shipping on top at your expense, or 150EUR for the unit, and I pay to ship?

OP
gamerpaddy

gamerpaddy

Yes, im still looking for one.
id rather tear down a broken than a new one if i had the choice but in the end it doesnt matter which condition its in.

My budget is pretty tight, in addition to the pa5, i gotta order pcbs.. parts.. more pcbs because i screwed up, more parts.
50 bucks of my 150 offer comes from another asr member that wants to support me.

My offer is with shipping included (paid by you / the sender.) not counting import duties... thats another story if it even gets trough (they get pretty mad if its missing a CE logo, even if its a sticker you could peel off easily, thats not allowed)
both are expensive, it would make no sense.

thanks for your offer but i gotta pass and wait for someone from within EU.

Entropy

Yes, im still looking for one.
id rather tear down a broken than a new one if i had the choice but in the end it doesnt matter which condition its in.

My budget is pretty tight, in addition to the pa5, i gotta order pcbs.. parts.. more pcbs because i screwed up, more parts.
50 bucks of my 150 offer comes from another asr member that wants to support me.

My offer is with shipping included (paid by you / the sender.) not counting import duties... thats another story if it even gets trough (they get pretty mad if its missing a CE logo, even if its a sticker you could peel off easily, thats not allowed)
both are expensive, it would make no sense.

thanks for your offer but i gotta pass and wait for someone from within EU.
Ah. Best wishes nevertheless.

Top Bottom