• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Want Work Lossless Streaming Headphone Setup

wacomme

I'm seeking a better solution than I currently have. My work regulates my PC and internet so that I cannot stream music via my work PC. Thus, I use my iPhone - camera adapter - Qudelix 5K - headphones for lossless streaming music. The system works well. However, I'm worried that the lighting connection to my phone will wear out from continual use. Also, the phone connections make using my phone for other purposes more difficult. I'd like to find a better solution. I'm limited to 5G access to the world via my iPhone, though I can create a wifi hotspot with my phone.

So, without going bluetooth, is there a better solution than my current setup? I'd like to free my iPhone from wires, yet have lossless music. I'm more than willing to buy equipment to make this happen.

Michael

OP
wacomme

wacomme

Does anyone have a good suggestion?

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you can use your phone as a hotspot and you're not concerned about bandwidth use, more or less any wifi streamer that supports the streaming service of your choice will work. People seem to like the WiiM. From there it's a question of budget for your new desktop headphone setup... :)

That said, lossless bluetooth is possible if you switch to Android.

Ata

Forum Donor
I have not heard or read anywhere that the Lightning connector can wear off, it is mechanically and electrically very sound, I would bet more robust than USB-C. I would not worry about that at all.

OP
wacomme

wacomme

If you can use your phone as a hotspot and you're not concerned about bandwidth use, more or less any wifi streamer that supports the streaming service of your choice will work. People seem to like the WiiM. From there it's a question of budget for your new desktop headphone setup... :)

That said, lossless bluetooth is possible if you switch to Android.
What kind of setup would I need with a Wiim streamer? Bandwidth for my iPhone is not an issue. What would I need to free my iPhone and have lossless music? My "preference" is for some EQ along with lossless streaming, so is there any way to integrate the Qudelix into the equation? Or is there another EQ solution if I use a different DAC?

Trell

Major Contributor
However, I'm worried that the lighting connection to my phone will wear out from continual use.

There are lightening connectors that is attached to the cable using magnets. So the connector itself is always in the iPhone but can be removed when needed.

OP
wacomme

wacomme

There are lightening connectors that is attached to the cable using magnets. So the connector itself is always in the iPhone but can be removed when needed.
I had no idea. Thank you.

I need to do more looking on Amazon. I’m still struggling finding a magnetic connection for the Apple Camera Adapter without unnecessary wiring.

Top Bottom