• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Want to replace my current LCD-1 headphones

Kfirpr

Hi All
I have the LCD-1 which I use with several amp\dac (Fiio E10k , Meizu Hifi) they sound nice and have good details but the sound is exciting only with eq. I want to replace them by s good sounding headphones up to 300$, what I need is they should be portable (like the lcd-1) and good sounding out of the box without the need for eq, they should be multi purposed (gaming, music listening, flights) I thought about the K371 what do you guys think?

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've had the k371 pro and liked them, but now use the Truthear Crinnacle Zero which are so good I use them daily. A good seal keeps sound private, and a Sound blaster X1 or similar USB dongle can power them.
Plugging into a phone is ok, depending how loud you want them. They're low ohm but need current.

staticV3

Master Contributor
@Dunring A "K371 Pro" does not exist. There's only the regular K371 (Link).

@Kfirpr the K371 unfortunately has some issues with build quality: Link
Are you looking for an open-back or closed-back headphone?

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi All
I have the LCD-1 which I use with several amp\dac (Fiio E10k , Meizu Hifi) they sound nice and have good details but the sound is exciting only with eq. I want to replace them by s good sounding headphones up to 300$, what I need is they should be portable (like the lcd-1) and good sounding out of the box without the need for eq, they should be multi purposed (gaming, music listening, flights) I thought about the K371 what do you guys think?
Flights would narrow it down to Closed-back.
Makes it a bit harder to recommend anything.
I have nothing.
But if you could skip outdoor use and settle for open-back, then a Hifiman Sundara sounds good out of the box, with no or minimal EQ.
For outdoor use, an IEM is much better.

OP
K

Kfirpr

Flights would narrow it down to Closed-back.
Makes it a bit harder to recommend anything.
I have nothing.
But if you could skip outdoor use and settle for open-back, then a Hifiman Sundara sounds good out of the box, with no or minimal EQ.
I have airpods pro 2 for flights also and they amazing. How are the sundara's compared to the LCD-1 ?

OP
K

Kfirpr

@Dunring A "K371 Pro" does not exist. There's only the regular K371 (Link).

@Kfirpr the K371 unfortunately has some issues with build quality: Link
Are you looking for an open-back or closed-back headphone?
I'm not sure, when I listen to the lcd with my fiio e10k and eq they sound great. I think I want closed back as I will be working aoot with laptop
outside. maybe I will keep the lcd..

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have airpods pro 2 for flights also and they amazing. How are the sundara's compared to the LCD-1 ?
I wouldn't know, since I have never heard the LCD-1, but the Sundara, I have.
For the money they are excellent, though if you could stretch a little more, then Hifiman Edition-XS is the best headphone I have heard to six or seven hundred.
The EDXS improves on detail and frequency extremes compared to Sundara. Don't get me wrong, Sundara perhaps got a sweeter midrange than EDXS, but the EDXS has the bass to go with it.

OP
K

Kfirpr

I wouldn't know, since I have never heard the LCD-1, but the Sundara, I have.
For the money they are excellent, though if you could stretch a little more, then Hifiman Edition-XS is the best headphone I have heard to six or seven hundred.
The EDXS improves on detail and frequency extremes compared to Sundara. Don't get me wrong, Sundara perhaps got a sweeter midrange than EDXS, but the EDXS has the bass to go with it.
I will compare the sundara with my lcd , it is close to my budget

OP
K

Kfirpr

I've had the k371 pro and liked them, but now use the Truthear Crinnacle Zero which are so good I use them daily. A good seal keeps sound private, and a Sound blaster X1 or similar USB dongle can power them.
Plugging into a phone is ok, depending how loud you want them. They're low ohm but need current.
Truthear Crinnacle Zero are 50$ it's hard to pass altghout I have airpods pro 2 and I like them, do you think they worth the investment?

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I will compare the sundara with my lcd , it is close to my budget.
In reality, Sundara could do with more power than you have.
Depends on how loud you listen to your music.
Good luck.
Also both Sundara and EDXS are excellent re-sellers, when one day you decide to move up.

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Truthear Crinnacle Zero are 50$ it's hard to pass altghout I have airpods pro 2 and I like them, do you think they worth the investment?
I got for sale. But I am in london.
Did not work for me, though they are worth it.

OP
K

Kfirpr

Anyone knows if it the Hifiman se400 would be better than the lcd-1?
@Ken Tajalli

Last edited:

Music1969

Major Contributor
Hi All

JBL Tour Pro 2

ANC with perfect Harman target curve PLUS the best EQ app among all bluetooth buds, to tweak to your own taste.

I'm not sure but believe they have a lower latency mode

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Anyone knows if it the Hifiman se400 would be better than the lcd-1?
@Ken Tajalli
I wouldn't know.
I did try a HE560 once, and it was no good.
They do say SE400 is good. I still stick to Sundara, but I am not sure you have enough power.
If you are into loud rock or pop music, Sundara with your amps, wouldn't do it

Rayman30

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Keep the LCD-1, add a set of Austrian Audio Hi-X25BT.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Check the headphone itself and it says professional right on it.
Yes, the AKG K371 is from their "Professional" product line.

But "Pro" is not part of its model description. "AKG K371" is the full name.

And, contrary to what you have claimed in the past, there does not exist a 2nd, non-"Pro" K371. The "AKG K371" and "AKG K371-BT" are the only versions.

Top Bottom