• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Walking Skateboard

MKreroo

I came across a video on walking robot the other day.... and find it quite interesting.

It appears that the "module" was initially created just for his son.
What do you think? Seems plausible to replace wheel?
Perhaps a version where it's able to adapt to more complex terrain?

TimF

Forum Donor
The first thing that came to my mind on seeing this was: 'liberals ruin everything.' you can freely substitute your own political disposition as yu see fit. i've become cynical, or if not cynical exactly , darkly humorous. There may be nothing more dark than Russian dark humor. Russian dark humor is not ha ha funny. I could give examples. Well, I will give an example: the Russian movie 4.

Last edited:
OP
M

MKreroo

I rather doubt it; the wheel not only has fewer moving parts, but has exhibited potential for much higher speeds.

Now THAT would be interesting! Stair-steps, perhaps? Although something like gravel over soft dirt might prove its undoing ....... or even shag carpet.
Still, I think it has potential.

Jim
I can see an adaptation where the leg has larger movement range to overcome terrains, though likely at the cost of operating smoothness.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
My first thought is not enough speed to be dangerous so limited market as a skateboard. Second thought would be to split it into one for each foot or walking skates. My third thought is this might be a Rube Goldberg design. :)

Digby

Major Contributor
OAP simulator for children. Travel the world at grandma's pace.

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
nacho-why.gif

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Although something like gravel over soft dirt might prove its undoing ....... or even shag carpet.

Shag carpet? No way. My son's R/C tanks would lose their tracks and get 'destroyed' in IR tank battles even on carpet..

Top Bottom