• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WAF friendly, cost effective acoustic absorption panels

OP
voodooless

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, I know these pictures. That's why I came up with the scheme that I already posted in #1 ;) Il'l need to go around with some mirrors though to find the exact points.

Last edited:

Bjorn

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Yes, I know these pictures. That's why I came up with the scheme that I already posted in #1 ;) Il'l need to go around with some mirrors though to find the exact points.
Your sketch doesn't the seating position. I only see speakers. But because you have one side wall that's much closer than the other, I would advice to absorb reflections points of both speakers there. The other side wall may to be so far away that you may not need any treatment there. The ceiling and rear wall would benefit from treatment. The front wall possibly too, but not necessarily of midrange and treble. Low frequency absorption of quality and that doesn't built much out is costly though.

It's also dependent on the directivity of the speakers and what kind of sound you desire.

Koeitje

Major Contributor

Bjorn

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Every time I see ceiling bounce and acoustic treatment for that all I can think of is how much dust that is going to collect.
The absorbers in the ceiling will not collect dust. That being said, you could always use non fabric products. Many possibilities.

12.jpg

Koeitje

Major Contributor
The absorbers in the ceiling will not collect dust. That being said, you could always use non fabric products. Many possibilities.

View attachment 116988
I was thinking of the hanging types, because those are probably the easiest to get into place.

Bjorn

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
I was thinking of the hanging types, because those are probably the easiest to get into place.
I see. With air gap as some of those shown below and it will depend on the air gap as well. Some dust I guess over time, but dust is generally more of a problem lower and on the floor. One could remove the panels quite easily for dusting.

10 cm Absorbor hvit.jpg

image1 (Liten).JPG

Stue Absorbor Disc beige 150 cm (Liten).jpeg

Disc coffe bar (Liten).jpg

OP
voodooless

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Your sketch doesn't the seating position. I only see speakers. But because you have one side wall that's much closer than the other, I would advice to absorb reflections points of both speakers there. The other side wall may to be so far away that you may not need any treatment there. The ceiling and rear wall would benefit from treatment. The front wall possibly too, but not necessarily of midrange and treble. Low frequency absorption of quality and that doesn't built much out is costly though.

Thanks, that is quite helpful. Ceiling reflections however are out of the question. I can't touch the 90-year-old ceiling :eek:. A carpet is ready there, so floor bounce is taken care of partially.

I indeed did not put the listening position in there. The trouble is, my wife sometimes likes to shuffle the furniture around form time to time, and then it changes a bit. But in general, it's just about the equilateral triangle in front of the speakers.

jasonsandra

Polyester acoustic absorption panels are the best choice, they are made of polyester and has been proven over many years of clothing and the harshest climatic conditions. Polyester sound absorption panel is dust-free and does not cause any other irritating skin.

Top Bottom