• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WADAX: R Harley trying to explain a $220k streamer and DAC price….

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
They're both supposed to be good DACs
I just wonder what a $150K DAC sounds like compared to a $2K DAC :)
But one is a streamer, the other a desktop DAC and headphone amp. Two different animals.

But unless you're not driving headphones, and the Wadax isn't totally broken, I'd say they sound exactly the same.

dtaylo1066

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I would say about the same, except that in your mind you have 148,000 more reasons to think it sounds better.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
But one is a streamer, the other a desktop DAC and headphone amp. Two different animals.

But unless you're not driving headphones, and the Wadax isn't totally broken, I'd say they sound exactly the same.
I meant this dac that costs $145K(without the streamer )
Screenshot_20230725_211145_Chrome.jpg

dtaylo1066

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Products like this are the audio equivalent of the large ***** syndrome. Only the owner cares about his particular unit and wants to show it off. Maybe that's why so few women are into or care about high-end audio. They just seem to like hearing music, and are not seemingly concerned with specs or comparisons.;)

Top Bottom