• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

VTV Shipping and Duty to Canada

Andykay

I'm interested in a Purifi-based custom build from VTV. If you are from Canada, do you have any experience with their products shipped to Canada.

On another note, if you are 'personally' using a new VTV Purifi-offering, how has your experience been with the product and customer service.
I will be a new customer and want a Purifi Eigentakt-based product for front L+R power amplification.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited:

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm I retested in a Purifi-based custom build from VTV. If you are from Canada, do you have any experience with their products shipped to Canada.

On another note, if you are 'personally' using a new VTV Purifi-offering, how has your experience been with the product and customer service.
I will be a new customer and want a Purifi Eigentakt-based product for front L+R power amplification.

Thanks for your inout

My experience with VTC was very good. If I remember right it took about 5 days to get here (I am in the GTA area) from time of order. The amp is super quiet and sounds as good as any of my other amps. Not sure about customer service, hopefully I won't need it for a long time.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I'm I retested in a Purifi-based custom build from VTV. If you are from Canada, do you have any experience with their products shipped to Canada.

Thanks for your inout

Predictive text should always be proofread before posting...

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Thanks for your inout
Yes, I live in southern Ontario and I have purchased a couple of amps from VTV, one being the NC252mp stereo, and the other the Purifi stereo with VTV buffer boards.

You can expect to pay Canadian brokerage and taxes regardless of the delivery method. As for delivery method, there was I time I would have recommended USPS-Canada Post because of lower brokerage, but no longer. Post Office delivery since COVID has been deplorably slow, more on the USPS end but also on the part of Canada Post. VTV favors UPS and that's what I'd strongly recommend.

As for service, I had excellent, personalized support with a problem I thought I had with the Purifi but that was actually my own carelessness. Both amps

OP
A

Andykay

My experience with VTC was very good. If I remember right it took about 5 days to get here (I am in the GTA area) from time of order. The amp is super quiet and sounds as good as any of my other amps. Not sure about customer service, hopefully I won't need it for a long time.
Thanks for your response. Any idea on customs and brokerage fees?

OP
A

Andykay

Yes, I live in southern Ontario and I have purchased a couple of amps from VTV, one being the NC252mp stereo, and the other the Purifi stereo with VTV buffer boards.

You can expect to pay Canadian brokerage and taxes regardless of the delivery method. As for delivery method, there was I time I would have recommended USPS-Canada Post because of lower brokerage, but no longer. Post Office delivery since COVID has been deplorably slow, more on the USPS end but also on the part of Canada Post. VTV favors UPS and that's what I'd strongly recommend.

As for service, I had excellent, personalized support with a problem I thought I had with the Purifi but that was actually my own carelessness. Both amps
Thanks for the info. Any idea on customs and brokerage fees to Canada?

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for the info. Any idea on customs and brokerage fees to Canada?
Sorry, don't recall off hand. Of course, you will pay GST or in Ontario, 13% Harmonized tax. I'd guess brokerage is likely to run $25-40 dollars from UPS or FedEx; Canada Post charges only $5 or about $9 for express post.

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for your response. Any idea on customs and brokerage fees?

Email Warren and let him tell you.:) Do not use USPS, it took a week to get my Buckeye amp (Hypex) but only about 3 days for my VTV Eigentakt Eval1 via UPS. Also, in my opinion, both amps need a standby switch to void power on/off pops though if you order the trigger option it may be fine too.

Dundas

Forum Donor
Do not use UPS Standard. For my 4 channel Buckeye ($779.00 US) they charged me $67.90 for brokerage plus $8.83 HST on that.
Try one of the UPS Worldwide options which include brokerage.

OP
A

Andykay

Sorry, don't recall off hand. Of course, you will pay GST or in Ontario, 13% Harmonized tax. I'd guess brokerage is likely to run $25-40 dollars from UPS or FedEx; Canada Post charges only $5 or about $9 for express post.
Thank you

OP
A

Andykay

Thanks for the constructive response

OP
A

Andykay

Do not use UPS Standard. For my 4 channel Buckeye ($779.00 US) they charged me $67.90 for brokerage plus $8.83 HST on that.
Thanks for the constructive response

OP
A

Andykay

OP
A

Andykay

Email Warren and let him tell you.:) Do not use USPS, it took a week to get my Buckeye amp (Hypex) but only about 3 days for my VTV Eigentakt Eval1 via UPS. Also, in my opinion, both amps need a standby switch to void power on/off pops though if you order the trigger option it may be fine too.
Thank you

Top Bottom