• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

VTV Purifi Amplifier Review with Weiss Buffer

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am Debating on getting either:

Buckeyes Hypex NC502MP Amplifier, 4-channel

Or

VTV PASCAL L-PRO2S Four Channel Amplifier 4X800W

I can afford the $250 price difference.

Is there a reason to get one over the other ??
This would be to just power my LCR speakers in my HT.

LR Speakers: Emotiva B1+
Center: Emotiva C2+
AVR: Integra DRX 3.4
Don't think you could go wrong w/either. I have an amp from both manufacturers and happy w/ them both. Buckeye is going to offer a new board w/ several neat features including clipping indicators. You may have to wait awhile for a Buckeye amp though. His wait time is in June or July I believe.

Grierts

Don't think you could go wrong w/either. I have an amp from both manufacturers and happy w/ them both. Buckeye is going to offer a new board w/ several neat features including clipping indicators. You may have to wait awhile for a Buckeye amp though. His wait time is in June or July I believe.

Great to know, i tried contacting VTV about wait times. Waiting to hear back.

Do you have any concerns over the build quality/ longevity of either amp ?

It appears people have favored Buckeye or VTV. For reasons

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

That below was some time ago, but still compare the measured results from the review in this thread to the Audiophonics reviewed today.

Grierts

That below was some time ago, but still compare the measured results from the review in this thread to the Audiophonics reviewed today.

That audiophonics does look good.

I live in USA so that price point isn't appealing.

Waiting to hear back from Buckeye or VTV

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I have had no issues or concerns over build quality w/ either. Both are well constructed except for a few small issues w/ wiring and placement which @Rick Sykora fixed for me at a very reasonable cost. He even provided measurements before and after the changes to the VTV amp. Search for threads started by @Rick Sykora and you can read about it.

Grierts

I have had no issues or concerns over build quality w/ either. Both are well constructed except for a few small issues w/ wiring and placement which @Rick Sykora fixed for me at a very reasonable cost. He even provided measurements before and after the changes to the VTV amp. Search for threads started by @Rick Sykora and you can read about it.
Thanks for this !!!

nick-v

I'm considering a 4 channel VTV Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier to power the low frequency section of some active speakers that I'll be installing shortly.

Anyone know if the amps with the Stock Hypex Factory Buffer would have the same noise in the FFT spectrum? I just love the form factor of these rack-mount amps and mine will be mounted in an actively cooled rack so it would be the perfect solution (not taking up too many rack units).

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm considering a 4 channel VTV Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier to power the low frequency section of some active speakers that I'll be installing shortly.

Anyone know if the amps with the Stock Hypex Factory Buffer would have the same noise in the FFT spectrum? I just love the form factor of these rack-mount amps and mine will be mounted in an actively cooled rack so it would be the perfect solution (not taking up too many rack units).
Most likely not. I have the VTV w/ stock buffer and it was measured by @Rick Sykora and results measured on ASR. Search for the link. Can't remember all the measurements he did though.

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Cannot be sure Buckeye’s issue is the buffer board just yet. Here is my measurement of @Rottmannash‘s VTV:

Did not push to clipping but looks good through most of the operating range.:)

Top Bottom