• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

VTV Purifi 1ET400A updates

mSpot

Good summary! The only thing I would add to your 2nd point, is that if you decide to bypass the input buffer (to reduce the gain) that you also bypass the filtering on the board.
The EVAL-1 only has a bypass for a second level of gain, not a complete bypass of the input buffer. See post #112.

D

Deleted member 24907

I'm not the cable guy nor have I experience with balanced in-out. Just wondering do tot guys use rca to balanced cables or are there rca in options on this amp?

ironhorse128

Forum Donor
I received my VTV EVAL1 amp last week. Obviously it sounds really great.

I would like to endorse VTV for European customers. Delivery took not more than 2 weeks from order to delivery and price was just amazingly low. VTV is by far the cheapest options for Europeans.

Here are pics from inside:
PXL_20210206_202316127.jpgPXL_20210206_202319410.jpgPXL_20210206_202321378.jpgPXL_20210206_202326991.jpg

Aventador_SVJ

I would like to endorse VTV for European customers. Delivery took not more than 2 weeks from order to delivery and price was just amazingly low. VTV is by far the cheapest options for Europeans.

View attachment 111314View attachment 111315View attachment 111316View attachment 111317

I very nearly purchased this but instead bought the Nad C298.

I see VTV have tidied up their builds, which is great but there was 2 reasons why I went for the Nad C298 Purifi power amp:
1) I needed an automatic trigger via XLR as my MiniDSP SHD does not have any triggers what-so-ever
2) I was returning a problematic Arcam SA30 via Sevenoaks and this presented a potential solution with a slightly discounted Nad C298 in lieu of the Arcam.

Glad you are pleased with yours, as this was my back up solution and I'm sure based on objective measurements, it would be near identical in performance to the Nad.

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

View attachment 111314View attachment 111315View attachment 111316View attachment 111317
Are the XLR’s wired to the European standard or the U.S. standard—or can you specify what you want to VTV?

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Automatic trigger as in auto-sensing?

Aardappel

I very nearly purchased this but instead bought the Nad C298.

I see VTV have tidied up their builds, which is great but there was 2 reasons why I went for the Nad C298 Purifi power amp:
1) I needed an automatic trigger via XLR as my MiniDSP SHD does not have any triggers what-so-ever
2) I was returning a problematic Arcam SA30 via Sevenoaks and this presented a potential solution with a slightly discounted Nad C298 in lieu of the Arcam.

Glad you are pleased with yours, as this was my back up solution and I'm sure based on objective measurements, it would be near identical in performance to the Nad.
Congratulations with your excellent purchase! How are you finding your new amp?

mSpot

Oh, you’d be surprised! *Most* “audiophile” equipment manufactured in the U.S. is still wired to the U.S. XLR standard (pin 1 shield, pin 2 cold, pin 3 hot). Pro gear could be different.
Interesting, I didn't know that. In any case, the EVAL-1 comes with XLR connectors soldered on the board. I can't imagine that VTV would modify it.

Aventador_SVJ

Congratulations with your excellent purchase! How are you finding your new amp?

Very impressive. It is so transparent and as it is based on a licensed version of the Purifi technology, it'll measure well objectively too.

It doesn't add anything or take away anything, just adds gain.

It also allows you to adjust the gain of the amplifier and I have reduced the gain from the fixed setting, so that it closer to the original reference design of 27dB (on the fixed setting, it is 28.6dB).

ironhorse128

Forum Donor
Oh, you’d be surprised! *Most* “audiophile” equipment manufactured in the U.S. is still wired to the U.S. XLR standard (pin 1 shield, pin 2 cold, pin 3 hot). Pro gear could be different.
XLR pin configuration is not a problem for Europeans. I use my european RME ADI DAC and a standard XLR cable and it sounds just fine. I just have to use my onw power cable as the one in the box was US-style.

I went with this amp because of the rather slim form factor of only 26cm width. Then, as it is EVAL1 based, there is nearly no way of a manufacturer to mess the signal chain up. This is especially important for these lower price offerings.

I use it together with an SHD studio and a RME ADI DAC. I can trigger it using a wifi plug and my existing home automation solution (https://home-assistant.io). The Home assistant monitors the usage of my roon and chromecast audio media players to trigger the wifi plug. Works just fine, but a bit of work to set it up.

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
Hello i have a question
This vtv eval-1 have those - + inputs xD, are bananas? and the another are just XLR, i have RCA so just a adapter it's fine
DO01030107-scaled.jpg

DO01030096smaller_v6-scaled.jpg

mSpot

Hello i have a question
This vtv eval-1 have those - + inputs xD, are bananas? and the another are just XLR, i have RCA so just a adapter it's fine
DO01030107-scaled.jpg
It has both SpeakOn and banana for speaker outputs. The inputs are XLR. You can use an adapter for RCA but the input level will be half of balanced XLR, and the amplifier output will also be reduced.

Reactions: rll

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
It has both SpeakOn and banana for speaker outputs. The inputs are XLR. You can use an adapter for RCA but the input level will be half of balanced XLR, and the amplifier output will also be reduced.
As I know the amp requires 1.6vrms max

My dac have 3vrms, I can easily doble the input, in this way the output should be not compromise, or not? Is a problem using rca to XLR? Or I need a amp with rca

Top Bottom