• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

VST PEQs

Jose Hidalgo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi everybody,

I'm currently trying this free VST PEQ for EQing my cans : https://www.kvraudio.com/product/qrange-by-lkjb
It's a linear phase EQ (unless you select the low latency mode), with decent performance and relatively easy to use.
It has some nice features (saving presets for instance).

2020-09-17_235215.png

I wonder if there is something better software-wise. What are you guys using? (answers by source PC users preferrably, thanks ;) )

Last edited:
OP
Jose Hidalgo

Jose Hidalgo

Thanks :) It looks good indeed ! I'm just having trouble understanding its interface, and it has no manual.
For example, for each EQ band you can choose : Stereo, Left, Right, Mid, Side, the default being Stereo.
But on the top right, for "Routing" you can only choose : Left, Right, Mid, Side, the default being Mid. There is no Stereo.
I don't understand the top right part : "Pre / Post" and "Routing" are unknown notions to me.
Maybe an EQ expert could help here ?

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am using Voxengo GlissEQ

I use this one too. I like that the UI is completely mouse driven, including a little virtual number pad for entering frequencies. It's great for an HTPC setup where you're using a wireless mouse from a couch or bed in an HTPC setup.

OP
Jose Hidalgo

Jose Hidalgo

I'd like to mention that I may be trying soon DDMF's IIEQPro : https://ddmf.eu/iieqpro-equalizer-plugin/

IIEQPro.jpg

Looks great, plus it's said to be multichannel (multitrack) which would be huge plus for me.
I'd like to use it on a 4-channel audio signal, with two different EQs : ch1&2 --> EQ#1 / ch3&4 --> EQ#2.
It's not free, but 34 € isn't a big deal either.

Feature list :
  • 24 fully parametric bands, with 27 state-of-the-art filter types per band
  • Adjusted for digital artefacts at high frequencies (don’t use any equalizer that doesn’t offer this!)
  • Seven Butterworth filter types with variable slopes from 6 to 60 dB/oct
  • Multitrack editing in one user interface
  • Very efficient user interaction (just one click to dial in a band)
  • Autolisten option
  • Sound processing in series or parallel
  • A/B option for quick comparison of alternative EQing choices
  • Very low CPU consumption but not at the expense of sound quality
  • High precision frequency analyzer (pre/post) with zoom and scroll functionality
  • Switchable to two-channel mode operation (L/R or Mid/Side)
  • Available in Windows VST/VST3 (32/64 bit), Windows/Mac AAX and Mac VST/VST3/AU (32/64 bit, Intel OSX 10.7 and higher) format

OP
Jose Hidalgo

Jose Hidalgo

You're welcome :) If you manage to understand it better than me, please answer questions in post #3 of this very topic. Thank you. ;)
Other questions on KVR QRange are :
  • What Process Mode should I choose for Hi-Fi use ?
  • What are the Peak Curve and the Hold Curve ?

vert

Forum Donor
Thanks I wasn't aware of that one. I spent quite a bit of time looking for plug-ins when I started to look into headphone eq. I went the easy way using the ready-made Morphit because PEQ seemed time consuming and tricky to learn... any recommended tutorials on headphones EQing out there?

jaguone

How do you use this with e.g Tidal ? Is this possible? I tried vst but gave up.

Top Bottom