• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

voyager seeks the creator

Andysu

Major Contributor
Voyager_spacecraft-banner-image-700x0-c-default.jpg

voyagers to seek the creator ? small amount nuclear power that is tuned into heat to power the 420w for the spacecraft . voyagers left earth , aug and sep 1977 their power source expected to run out around 2025 ? jpl nasa have pushed the power limits which should have ran out some years ago . once power is off , no data will be able sent back and no data can be sent to the spacecraft . the probes will , endlessly travel at same constant speeds that is until something hits them gently or straight on and its amazing they have travelled at the speed without incident yet . analogue circuity for these spacecrafts has done well in the freezing cold conditions .

the gold disc that has video images and sound would it even play work if any species comes across voyagers 1 and 2 would they somehow figure it out ? this maybe thousands more years or maybe never ? this planet earth will never know that .

Digby

Major Contributor
More importantly, do you think any aliens that stumble across it will be good or evil? :oops:

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
^ good , question that has been answered in movies .
could have it have been mistake in the first place to send out spacecrafts into an unknown ?
well i hope they are better peaceful species than most of ourselves .

you could be travelling 30mph down country road and pass by many . voyagers 46.000mph 47.000mph and they may pass-by something of interest yet they won't have any power for the spacecraft systems . sort of like ourselves sleeping and something happens ? we wouldn't know about it ?

maybe nasa should have sent out more voyager spacecrafts out in other directions to increase chances of coming across another species . it's not case of money . money . do you even think money would be of any relevancy if man landed on earth like planet 56.500 years travel . i doubt that that planet will have cash machine so he can pick up his pay wage and where's he gonna spend it at ? never happen wouldn't even make the trip which is impossible so better to send out unmanned spacecraft .

we have the mind and free imagination to dream and build . more of the spacecrafts should have been made with newer circuity digital , slightly larger size for power to run the spacecraft and i think the same design as voyagers 1 and 2 only just improved .

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
Creator? NASA. Seeking? Sinad
what does v'ger what with the sinad ?
to join with him .

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
what does v'ger what with the sinad ?
to join with him .
That's what we're seeking to find out... lol. :)

JayGilb

Major Contributor
More importantly, do you think any aliens that stumble across it will be good or evil? :oops:
Good and evil are entirely human constructs.
Any alien capable of faster than light speed travel is so far above our current technological level that we may not even be able to communicate beyond mathematical/logical equations.

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
daecjqq-e5e920d1-369b-463a-ac8b-9f082c065865.gif

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor

RobL

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I remember poring over the Nation Geographic issues as a kid when the Voyagers were launched and encountered each planet in turn. It was really astounding to see the photos. The Apollo missions and also the Viking probes to mars…was a great time to be a kid!

Anton D

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Given the history of humans exploring or 'discovering places' and how it works out, I would worry.

As Stephen Hawking said, perhaps better not to seek attention.

:eek:

Snoopy

Major Contributor
Makes you wonder if a probe like this passed earth a few thousands of years ago.. didn't see anything worthwhile and moved on. And the civilisation behind it might have been long gone by that point.

That's a problem we have with finding intelligent life out there.. we might be way to early or way to late. After all the few years humans are exploring space now are basically nothing...it's not even a blink of a eye to the universe

Galliardist

Major Contributor
Sending the record was a great idea. They will be so busy fighting over analogue vs digital that they'll completely forget to invade us.

MRC01

Major Contributor
Thats not importend. Couse they laugh to death when they see the ancient technology. ;)
I would think they view primitive civilization tech much the same way we view a spiderweb, bird nest or apes using sticks to fish termites out of mounds.

... the gold disc that has video images and sound would it even play work if any species comes across voyagers 1 and 2 would they somehow figure it
As I recall from years ago, it does have pictograph instructions carved into the plate next to it.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I would think they view primitive civilization tech much the same way we view a spiderweb, bird nest or apes using sticks to fish termites out of mounds.
well... dunno about you, but I can't better the spiderweb (in terms of material nor aesthetics) -- nor the stick/termite interface... and the "edible bird's nest" made of polysialic acid is a pretty remarkable thing.

1696892686713.png

:)

MRC01

Major Contributor
well... dunno about you, but I can't better the spiderweb (in terms of material nor aesthetics) -- nor the stick/termite interface... and the "edible bird's nest" made of polysialic acid is a pretty remarkable thing.
:)
My point exactly - the alien reaction to primitive technologies may have more curiosity than laughter. Especially if they are as advanced & enlightened as we imagine them to be.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
The Voyagers haven't made it to the Oort Cloud (yet).

"At its current speed of about a million miles a day, NASA's Voyager 1 spacecraft won't enter the Oort Cloud for about 300 years. And it won’t exit the outer edge for maybe 30,000 years."

Top Bottom