• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Volunteers/Donation: Help Ship a Genelec 8260 to Amirm, $150/$380

stevenswall

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Looking for help with shipping costs to get one of my Genelec 8260 monitors to Amirm and back.

Measuring and scoring these would be great to see how The Ones improved on this design. These were sent to me earlier this year from a studio in Florida, and I'm curious what measurements would show since I'm at the limit of my abilities in an untreated room to find audible issues with them.

Total Estimate: $380, happy to cover ~$150, ~5 people to at $46 each to help out? (Any amount helps.)
-$80-180 for packaging from Genelec (Don't have the boxes these were shipped to me in, much more comfortable with molded foam than my DIY.)
-$102 for the cheapest shipping estimate I see, might be a bit more if the package is even larger. (Added 2 inches to every dimension of the speaker I measured)
-Shipping back (Amirm has offered to cover this.)
-$100 insurance (50 one way to cover replacement cost and $50 the other)

I go by Stevenswall on many other forums and have sold things on HeadFi and Reddit without a hitch. If for any reason things don't work, everyone will receive their funds back.

1590171360361.png

1590171330350.png

Last edited:
OP
stevenswall

stevenswall

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
^Venmo if people are comfortable with that?

Also have Zelle, Paypal, Google Wallet.

I'll PM you, then just send when he have half a dozen people ready to go.

Last edited:
OP
stevenswall

stevenswall

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
This will be interesting. I had considered these back in the day, they looked convincing on paper but in the end I seem to remember @Purité Audio stopped selling them for some reason.

Senior NEET Engineer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'll donate $200 for science, but I need to do it anonymously. Please keep in mind the risks of shipping the speaker for review.

I plan to send my 8030C's in soon as well.

OP
stevenswall

stevenswall

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'll donate $200 for science, but I need to do it anonymously. Please keep in mind the risks of shipping the speaker for review.

I plan to send my 8030C's in soon as well.

Works for me, don't plan on publishing any data on who contributed what beyond what they post here, just keeping a tally.

What risks besides potentially besides shipment damage?

Top Bottom