• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Volumio3 (beta) and Parametric EQ

ezublab

Hello!
Volumio3 is coming.
A new Parametric EQ based on CamillaDsp is here!
Features:
- Up to 50 PEQ (Peaking, lowpass, highpass, lowshelf, highshelf, notch)
- Scope for each PEQ (L, R or L&R channels)
- Global gain auto set
- Additional gain for both channel
- 3 possible preset
- Importation from Autoeq for 3800 headphone profils (just select, apply, it's done). Peq can be adjust if needed
- Importation for local file (Export from REW as text)

Need a small manual installation (waiting for stable version)
More info : https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/tree/alsa_modular/plugins/audio_interface/Parameq4Volumio
Need testers and feedback

Attachments

• Parameq4Volumio.jpg
    Parameq4Volumio.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 238

Jim Matthews

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Will it support Amazon music streaming?

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello!
Volumio3 is coming.
A new Parametric EQ based on CamillaDsp is here!
Features:
- Up to 50 PEQ (Peaking, lowpass, highpass, lowshelf, highshelf, notch)
- Scope for each PEQ (L, R or L&R channels)
- Global gain auto set
- Additional gain for both channel
- 3 possible preset
- Importation from Autoeq for 3800 headphone profils (just select, apply, it's done). Peq can be adjust if needed
- Importation for local file (Export from REW as text)

Need a small manual installation (waiting for stable version)
More info : https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/tree/alsa_modular/plugins/audio_interface/Parameq4Volumio
Need testers and feedback
Nice. Hopefully they can smooth out the release engineering whilst they are at it-I ran 2x for a long time and it seemed to break a lot on upgrade. I ended up quite reluctant to upgrade, or to recommend an otherwise good product to others, especially those who can’t troubleshoot it.

Grotti

Forum Donor
Nice. Hopefully they can smooth out the release engineering whilst they are at it-I ran 2x for a long time and it seemed to break a lot on upgrade. I ended up quite reluctant to upgrade, or to recommend an otherwise good product to others, especially those who can’t troubleshoot it.
I use the Volumio Primo Streamer. Tried 2 times to install brutefir (a pain in the a.. really) which never really worked and resulted in two factory resets to get it working again. Had some problems with updates too, so I understand your reluctance.

I would really appreciate the PEQ with the possibility of importing data from REW, but not as a beta tester. I definitely will wait for a stable version.

Btw: Please redesign the Android app! Like the appearance but have to restart it nearly every time I want to change music or the source. Have a look at Audirvana to learn, how a proper designed UI works....

norcalscott

Forum Donor
Btw: Please redesign the Android app! Like the appearance but have to restart it nearly every time I want to change music or the source. Have a look at Audirvana to learn, how a proper designed UI works....
I am just trying out Volumio and mostly impressed with it. Like you, I have to restart the Android app quite frequently, especially if I navigate away from the player into other parts of the app. I was successful in getting it to see my main audio library, which is on a USB drive connected to a Windows 10 media center PC - took some doing but working really well.

Top Bottom