• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Volumio Integro - A new fully featured Amp

Jeromeof

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Looks like great Amp on paper - https://volumio.com/en/integro/ - no idea on the price - but while Volumio is a bit buggy (at least for me the mobile apps seems to get disconnected and have to be restarted multiple times per day) - I do love that a Volumio device can have all the usual capabilities (Airplay, Bluetooth, Spotify, Tidal, Roon, DLNA etc) and can have DSP with the very powerful CamillaDSP (as an optional plugin).

I don't know why more manufacturers can't put ARM chips into their devices and use some of these great open source tools.

tom_tom

Volumio released also Streamer-Transport https://volumio.com/en/rivo/
Thing that i do not understand is why there is no Volumio premium included when You buy product from them. I should buy amp / streamer and also pay monthly fee for software to get Tidal connect / updated UI ? I'll pass on that and go with standard AMP+Wiim for streaming

OP
Jeromeof

Jeromeof

Forum Donor
Volumio released also Streamer-Transport https://volumio.com/en/rivo/
Thing that i do not understand is why there is no Volumio premium included when You buy product from them. I should buy amp / streamer and also pay monthly fee for software to get Tidal connect / updated UI ? I'll pass on that and go with standard AMP+Wiim for streaming
I completely agree as far as a Streamer is concerned - nothing is beating the Wiim Mini from a value perspective (and their mobile App behaves much better than Volumio) - but I do like the idea of a single small package with a decent Amp / Streamer / DAC with speakers + Sub support and a headphone JACK and the ability to load room correction DSP.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I like how they just put ''Subwoofer output' with literally no details whatsoever what signal that output is outputing or if it's customizable in anyway. very typical of the industry.

Looks like a cheap cash grab, you're better buying from a company that existed for longer. I would get an AVR if this costs more than 250$

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks like great Amp on paper - https://volumio.com/en/integro/ - no idea on the price - but while Volumio is a bit buggy (at least for me the mobile apps seems to get disconnected and have to be restarted multiple times per day) - I do love that a Volumio device can have all the usual capabilities (Airplay, Bluetooth, Spotify, Tidal, Roon, DLNA etc) and can have DSP with the very powerful CamillaDSP (as an optional plugin).

I don't know why more manufacturers can't put ARM chips into their devices and use some of these great open source tools.
I could not find any meaningful specs on their website which would help to evaluate this amp, let alone qualify it as „great“. Maybe I overlooked it. If you have it please point me to it.

With a bit of elbow grease you can put together a RaspPi running Volumio OS and a well measuring DAC / amp combination for less or equal the amount. (Or run Moode, which is free and pretty much has the same functionality).

tom_tom

I could not find any meaningful specs on their website which would help to evaluate this amp, let alone qualify it as „great“. Maybe I overlooked it. If you have it please point me to it.
I think only spec that we know for sure is in this paragraph:

INTEGRO has one of the world’s best-sounding headphone amplifiers you can use for your intimate listening and merry them to a specially tuned dual-mono Class-D amplifier design, powered by MA12070P from Infineon.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think only spec that we know for sure is in this paragraph:

INTEGRO has one of the world’s best-sounding headphone amplifiers you can use for your intimate listening and merry them to a specially tuned dual-mono Class-D amplifier design, powered by MA12070P from Infineon.
That helps indeed. I take their word for it. ;)

Darmur

Audio Company
Hi everyone, I am the designer of the product. I'm here to respond to any question you might have.

regarding the subwoofer output, it is done with a dedicated DAC (PCM5121 from TI) and an OPAMP-based summing circuit for the mono down-mix. The output is 2Vrms. At the moment it's not possible to customize the sub-out signal, but we have planned to add the selection of the cut-off filter frequency, making use of the internal DSP of the TI DAC.

Before calling it a "cheap cash grab", give it a try. You might be extremely surprised about what we achieved ;)

Darmur

Audio Company
a few more details:

* all premium features are included by default, no need for any coupon
* headphone amplifier is based on TPA6120A2 from TI
* the speaker output is based on 2x MA12070P from Infineon configured in PBTL mode. The output filter is made with WIMA polypropylene capacitors and high saturation-current inductors

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
a few more details:

* all premium features are included by default, no need for any coupon
* headphone amplifier is based on TPA6120A2 from TI
* the speaker output is based on 2x MA12070P from Infineon configured in PBTL mode. The output filter is made with WIMA polypropylene capacitors and high saturation-current inductors
I think if you want to impress people in this forum you better provide some measurements like Amir does in his reviews. Listing individual component specs means nothing here and I am sure you know that as a designer (the design / engineering counts - mostly).

Darmur

Audio Company
I'm not here to impress, just to give answers to the possible questions you might have.

Of course we did measurements of our own product, the results are on par with the datasheet. We did not publish them because we had plans to send a few units to external reviewers, willing to perform independent listening test and measurements. We decided to do so because you might not believe what we claim, but maybe you will trust more an independent opinion.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm not here to impress, just to give answers to the possible questions you might have.

Of course we did measurements of our own product, the results are on par with the datasheet. We did not publish them because we had plans to send a few units to external reviewers, willing to perform independent listening test and measurements. We decided to do so because you might not believe what we claim, but maybe you will trust more an independent opinion.
If you provide AP or Audioanalyser screenshots of measurements like Amir I would take it as a starting point and take your word for it. Sure if you would send a unit to Amir of course would be ideal.

Edit. Typo.

Last edited:

Anthony T

If you provide AP or Audioanalyser screenshots of measurements like Amir I would take it as a starting point and take your word for it. Sure if you would send a unit to Amir of course would be ideal.

Edit. Typo.
Whats with the passive-aggressive attitude towards a new member? You don’t even seem to want to give the member a chance before you’re all over him telling him what to do and how to do it, this constant demand without even beginning to engage is just tiresome and not a good look for the site. Imo of course.

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
wow, the estimated price for the rivo is 989€?!? for a piece of HW that's based on a 6 year old chip which you can get in a ready to use box (ok, without all the connectivity like AES, from Ali for less than 50€)?
just go for a USFF or NUC, or even a Pi (if you can get one) with a damn decent DAC plus the price of the SW and you'll be at less than half the price.....

OP
Jeromeof

Jeromeof

Forum Donor
I agree we shouldn't dismiss this product before it gets tested. I had posted the original message to this forum and not to the Amp review forum, as I felt it would allow some conversations about this device before it gets released (and hopefully tested), so it should not be controversial IMO.

Looking at the specs and the layout on the back on the device I would guess the 'main' CPU board is based on a Khadas VIM3L Board - e.g.: https://botland.store/withdrawn-pro...ghz-wifi-2gb-ram-16gb-emmc-5904422326005.html - the connection layout and specs look similar.

Having built a few RPI based streamers (with PiCorePlayer, Volumio and MoodeAudio) over the past few years I do value the ability to get something pre-built with quality components that works out of the box (and IMO looks well). With a RPI based streamer you have to get the RPI with case and a decent microSD card, then you need a decent DAC and to a reasonable good AMP to drive speakers. While I actually enjoy putting together this type of system (I am a nerd :)) but I know the majority of people just want something that works out of the box and looks well and I am hoping this device does that. I know my wife would not be happy with a bunch of small 'boxes' and wires in the living room. I.e. Raspberry PI, DAC's and class D amp, I believe she would be happy with the look of this device.

I would imagine this would compete with say the Bluesound powernode Edge or similar priced offering.

Last edited:

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Whats with the passive-aggressive attitude towards a new member? You don’t even seem to want to give the member a chance before you’re all over him telling him what to do and how to do it, this constant demand without even beginning to engage is just tiresome and not a good look for the site. Imo of course.

Manufacturers are held to different standards than ordinary* ASR members, that's why they are usually tagged with the 'Manufacturer' label. @Darmur needs to contact Amir (or maybe one of the other mods) to get tagged propperly.

See rules here:

*i'm certainly not suggesting anyone on here is ordinary!

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@Darmur - Does the Integro support HDMI ARC/eARC?

It looks like it is possible to get eARC working on the Khadas VIM3L, if that is indeed what's in the Integro...

Last edited:
Top Bottom