• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Volumio & BruteFIR related discussion

ezublab

With no plugin activated, you should not have dsp-> your Dac. So, still with the plugin disabled, select an other output (no matter which one) but different from your dac. save. Now and select your Dac and save again. After a reboot, you get only your Dac displayed in the field.
When you enable the plugin, it save the config. So if the config is wrong, the config will be saved wrong. It's because there's a button to reset the plugin.
But you must have a working system before enabling it. As far as I understood, Volumio is beeing reworked to fix that problematic part...

shumi

I was able to save the usb configuration as the playback output. I then activated the plug in which prompted a reboot. The playback output remained as dsp-Usb which is good. I then loaded my filters in the brutefir left and right channel. A message popped up regarding testing for clipping and attenuation which I acknowledge. At that point I got the dreaded Brutefir error, failed to restart. Bottom line I can not get Brutefir to work. I wonder how many Volume users think they have Brutefir active (as shown in the plug in menu) when it is not. This has to be fixed. The only way someone would know is if they bother to test the filter correction using REW and realize that they have no correction actually in place.

1597356804480.png

Last edited:

shumi

SOLVED!!! filters nomenclature changed to no space and format output in brutefir also needed to be changed. AWESOME!

ehabheikal

Guys i may be "stoned" but for the life of me i can not find the BruteFIR/DSP plugin in the plugin section of volumio, does it need a paid account? or external install?

shumi

Guys i may be "stoned" but for the life of me i can not find the BruteFIR/DSP plugin in the plugin section of volumio, does it need a paid account? or external install?
I also had difficulties. See replies to similar question from thread 78 and on, this topic. I can guide you through if you need it.

ehabheikal

I also had difficulties. See replies to similar question from thread 78 and on, this topic. I can guide you through if you need it.

ok i saw the install based on git, is this a better version than the one in the interface called parametric equalizer? That one stops all audio when i enable it even after rebooting.

ehabheikal

now i need your help :)
ok so i installed from git, as with the built in parametric and normal equilizer when i install them even after reboot, music will not play out, it seems to play but there is no sound.

Top Bottom