• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Vista Audio Spark II Review (Amplifer)

Hard to imagine all those attributes based on a change of amp outside of level/sighted differences. I'm not an amp "listener" tho. Do either of these have any particular bass management?
Neither have bass management, but the Emotiva has RCA outputs that can be used to connect a subwoofer.

I used an amp switcher (link) to switch back and forth instantly between the amps. Using that, I could definitely discern audible differences between the two. Blindly, I would always be able to pick the Emotiva because it sounds thinner, and its treble and sound stage are not identical to the Spark.

Check out this link to see how some amps sound different than others. Lot's of great videos there where you can hear differences between gear assuming you're listening on a highly resolving system.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21219

Neither have bass management, but the Emotiva has RCA outputs that can be used to connect a subwoofer.

I used an amp switcher (link) to switch back and forth instantly between the amps. Using that, I could definitely discern audible differences between the two. Blindly, I would always be able to pick the Emotiva because it sounds thinner, and its treble and sound stage are not identical to the Spark.

Check out this link to see how some amps sound different than others. Lot's of great videos there where you can hear differences between gear assuming you're listening on a highly resolving system.

If you wish to compare electronics, follow these guidelines:

There are reasons for rigorous controls in audio testing. One of the biggest is bias:

Jim

Top Bottom