• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Visiting Seattle, SF soon, any audio stores worth visiting?

alont

Forum Donor
Hello everyone. I'll be in Seattle, Hawaii and San Francisco this month - do you have any recommendations for audio shops (or any audio-related places) worth visiting in those areas? Last time I visited San Francisco I got to listen to the HE-1 in the Sennheiser store which was quite nice. Looking for similarly interesting experiences.

Thank you!

wseroyer

Definitive Audio is the only store I know of up there, but I live in Portland and we have nothing anymore, very sad to see how Hi-Fi/Home Theater retail has almost completely died, some of my fondest childhood memories where going to Captain Video with my dad and renting Laser Disk and checking out the high end gear they had.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Isn't there an Accuphaze dealer in PDX?

.. but not In Seattle...

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Audio Vision San Francisco will ding you for $250 for a listening session. But if you are looking at fairly expensive stuff, it's probably worth it. They have an incredible array of equipment, much of which is likely to be very good.

Top Bottom