• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Visiting New Orleans next week - any ideas

OP
stunta

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Seems like you did the top things to do there.

For sure. Unfortunately the forum developers insist this feature can't be implemented. :(

Did they say why? Can't implies its beyond their coding skills :)

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Did they say why? Can't implies its beyond their coding skills :)
They say they can't decide how much to compress the picture to or set its resolution! Whole bunch of people gave them suggestions on all of this and they still stuck to their guns they could not make that decision on behalf of the user.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
they still stuck to their guns they could not make that decision on behalf of the user.

That didn't stop them from imposing a limit.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
They say they can't decide how much to compress the picture to or set its resolution! Whole bunch of people gave them suggestions on all of this and they still stuck to their guns they could not make that decision on behalf of the user.
I can decide for them, it’s a right pain in the arse. They have already set a limit so why can’t all files that are too big get resized so they just respect the limit already in place, the rest getting published as is?

Bunch of knobs.

OP
stunta

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

That is stupid. Why not make it configurable and let the forum admin decide?

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
That is stupid. Why not make it configurable and let the forum admin decide?
How did you find New Orleans? I loved it when I was there nearly 20 years ago now..., apart from the grits , had no idea what they were won’t be trying it again lol

OP
stunta

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How did you find New Orleans? I loved it when I was there nearly 20 years ago now..., apart from the grits , had no idea what they were won’t be trying it again lol

See this post from earlier.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I loved it when I was there nearly 20 years ago now..., apart from the grits

*read "grits" and thought maybe it was some unsavory Louisiana Culture/Ethnicity I hadn't heard of.

Which could considered be odd, having been born in Atlanta, and living in Alabama from age 5 to 15.

I guess I've almost eliminated my roots.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
*read "grits" and thought maybe it was some unsavory Louisiana Culture/Ethnicity I hadn't heard of.

Which could considered be odd, having been born in Atlanta, and living in Alabama from age 5 to 15.

I guess I've almost eliminated my roots.
No grits and gravy?

Top Bottom