• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Visaton midrange THD

BranoO

Hi everybody!
Has anyone measured the harmonic distortion of Visaton midrange drivers? Or has anyone got any THD graphs for Visaton midranges? Or are those measurements available online? I have done some search but with no success.

Wolf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Which model? Zaph did the TI100. The newer coated papercone drivers have not been 3rd party verified to my knowledge.

Colonel7

I took this about a year ago on a Visaton W130s-4. It was part of my first experiments measuring. Done in a ~11.3 liter cabinet with 20cm baffle
1657368508297.png

OP
B

BranoO

Which model? Zaph did the TI100. The newer coated papercone drivers have not been 3rd party verified to my knowledge.
Which model? That is the question! :) But yes, TI100 definitely is on my shortlist. Thanks for the info!

OP
B

BranoO

I took this about a year ago on a Visaton W130s-4. It was part of my first experiments measuring. Done in a ~11.3 liter cabinet with 20cm baffle
View attachment 217279
That looks good. Thank you very much! Have you used any Visaton drivers in your designs? Or have you found anything interesting in your measurements? I made two pairs of boxes with their drivers (one pair of floorstanders and one pair of bookshelves) and now I would like to build 3-way floorstanders (GF200 / ??? / G25FFL+WG). Any suggestions on midrange?

Colonel7

That looks good. Thank you very much! Have you used any Visaton drivers in your designs? Or have you found anything interesting in your measurements? I made two pairs of boxes with their drivers (one pair of floorstanders and one pair of bookshelves) and now I would like to build 3-way floorstanders (GF200 / ??? / G25FFL+WG). Any suggestions on midrange?
You're welcome. These are the only Visatons I've ever used so no suggestions. I'm still learning myself and am using these in a 3-way center channel (sorry, no saved measurements on it) and that I'm going to try active when I get a new measurement mic. I have another 4 W130s-4s that are going in 2 floorstanders when I finish with the center. I prefer them sealed.

Wolf

I have seen comparisons between the visaton ti100 and the Tang band w4-1337 and the difference is the Tang band was better in the upper mids and the ti100 was better in the lower mids.

Top Bottom