• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Vinyl sound for free

bigx5murf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Audacity click removal seems to kill the highs. I removed manually one at a time. Very tedious, just listen to vinyl when you're at home.

bigx5murf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The point of listening to vinyl is that often the vinyl version of an album had superior mastering.

Ie:
Screenshot_2019-01-06-00-07-24.png

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Audacity click removal seems to kill the highs. I removed manually one at a time. Very tedious, just listen to vinyl when you're at home.
I'm not using "click removal" i use "Noise removal" which work excelent. I had hunders of records which i gave a way and changed already 30 years ago to digital/CD because the background hiss and the other distorions on Vinyl where irritating me quite much (so CD was a big relief) esspecialy when you are listning to Ahmad jamal - Rossiter road on piano or Miles Davis Tutu where dead silence is a necessity (at least for me). Enclosed a CD album from Donald Fagan - Sunkon Condos that i declipped yesterday with Audacity i can asure you it cleand up the sound considerble. Despite al the plus an minus regarding Audacity. The direct link http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=donald+fagen&album=sunken
8nQQujZ.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom