• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Vido & YD30 Review | These 1.5$ earphones went viral in China.

Cuckoo Studio

Reviewer
r/headphones - 这些 1.5 美元的耳机在中国走红了! |  Vido 和 YD30 评论
欢迎来到 Cuckoo Studio 的评论。我是安佐尔。您将从混音工程师的角度观看这篇评论。

以下是文字和图片内容。如果您喜欢视频版本:

在过去的两年里,一副仅需 9.9 元人民币(约合 1.5 美元)的耳机在中国网购平台上已售出数十万套。我自己买了8双,全面看看它们的性能。

普通vido的包装只是一个很简单的塑料袋,对于一副1.5刀的耳机来说无可厚非。

这些 1 美元的耳机在中国病毒传播!.mov_20230111_001256.466.png

but the so-called 2nd generation of vido:YD30, has a standard packaging and a anime character been designed. seems the merchant is pretty good at marketing. When I bought it, I happened to catch a discount and it was also about 1.5 dollars.

r/headphones - 这些 1.5 美元的耳机在中国走红了! |  Vido 和 YD30 评论 这些 1 美元的耳机在中国病毒传播!.mov_20230111_001358.052.png r/headphones - 这些 1.5 美元的耳机在中国走红了! |  Vido 和 YD30 评论

They are very ordinary flat-headed earphone, which is kinda out of place in today's mainstream in-ear monitors. And they are direct application of the public mold, they have countless predecessors with similar molds, and the most well-known should be the classic Sennheiser MX500. However, vidos have a variety of colors, as if afraid to miss any user with other color preference. The wired weight is 16.3g.

the Vido has a large background noise with its built-in microphone, but the low frequency still exists and has a certain gain so the voice sounds thicker.

Frequency response:

After compensating with the Harman curve, it can be seen that there is a very large attenuation in the medium and high frequencies, or in the same understanding, a large gain in the mid low frequency. There is a large low frequency roll-off below 100Hz, which is a headset with a very muffled and unplumbed sound. From the frequency response perspective, I cannot associate it with high sound quality. In addition, although several Vido earphones are in someway similar, the frequency response will vary slightly, which means that the Vido you bought will not sound exactly the same as someone else's Vido. The tightness of the flat head plug when worn will also produce different low and mid frequency responses due to leakage. The general variables are shown in the figure.

Distortion:The area of distortion in different colors of Vidos and YD30 are similar, but it is common to encounter discrepancies in the amount of distortion between the left and right ears. Taking YD30 as an example, the left and right ears have a difference of 6-10dB in distortion at the same frequency range of low and medium frequencies, which is caused by inconsistent quality control. Assuming you are lucky enough, if a certain pair with both sides maintaining this left ear level distortion is purchased, a relatively clean mid-high frequency playback can be obtained at a normal music listening level of 86dB. In the process of continuing to increase the volume, the area with low frequency as the main part will show an increasingly large degree of distortion, and different colors of Vidos also show a difference of about 10dB in left and right distortion.

let's enter the Cuckoo Studio mixing space. Due to the variable frequency response and other factors,We will average them here and present 3D graph to show some typical listening problems they may have.
The large-scale shelving attenuation of the mid-high frequency causes the upper listening space to shrink. Correspondingly, the base frequency of most instruments and the muddy frequency range after being raised are emphasized,sounds very boxy. The large-scale roll-off at around 100 Hz makes the song lack of a base. Compared with normal flat monitor speakers, it can be said that they are completely two different sounds. In terms of the level difference between the left and right channels, if you are lucky, you can get a relatively excellent left and right symmetric frequency response and a relatively solid center imaging. On the other hand, in the other half of the cases, the mid-low frequency and some mid-high frequency of the headphones as a whole will have a more obvious skewed sound. Adding the wearing variables of the flat-head plugs, this level difference may actually be more pronounced.

There is a higher likelihood of encountering significant distortion in the mid and low frequencies, but due to the roll-off in the low frequency, these characteristics are not as noticeable. If adjusted through significant EQ, there may be a feeling of scattering in the low frequencies due to issues with distortion and skew.
If listening to music at normal sound pressure levels, you are unlikely to be affected by the level of distortion in the mid-high frequencies, However, due to deviations in frequency response, the sound imaging may still be affected in terms of its solidity. However, aside from the disadvantage of the frequency response, when given a large-scale EQ to the Vidos family, the normal volume depth performance is at a good level. It is difficult to find a second place in this extremely low-priced earphones.

当我们讨论vido时,实际上是在讨论FOSTER的设计,以MX500为例。这些诞生于上世纪末的经典设计,一度风靡全球,几乎成为80、90后的必备单品。这也是我用来听音乐的第一台设备。这种设计的缺点,如泄漏和频率响应的缺点,似乎太多了,无法掩盖它的所有优点。但它就像一个生锈的锤头。只要给予强力的“除锈剂”,它依然可以完成工作。适合不想在耳机上花太多钱的人。这是一种复古的体验,但这次的成本足够低。

这是 Cuckoo Studio 的评论。敬请期待。我将继续与您一起探索耳机的秘密。

Last edited:

Honken

Nice seeing some measurements of the Vido, I have two pairs in blue and I quite like them. Personally I find them to sound laid back and very spacious and I often forget that I have them in my ears when I use them (sudden effects in music or videos will often startle me as it sounds like it came from somewhere in the room).

Unfortunately they don't do much in terms of lower bass which correlates with your measurements, and they make my ears hurt a bit after wearing them for extended periods (several hours at a time). Which is why I don't use them that much. I find it odd since before my ears begin to hurt they feel like nothing at all in the ear.

They were about $4 a pair with shipping to northern Europe directly from NiceHCK.

A suggestion if I may, do include (or link to) a description of how you came up with your "mixing space" with each review, and not just how you feel like this particular device matches this. I appreciate the effort, but without a more in-depth description it's not that intuitive to read, even as someone who owns two of the headphones you have created these visualizations for.

OP
Cuckoo Studio

Cuckoo Studio

Reviewer
Nice seeing some measurements of the Vido, I have two pairs in blue and I quite like them. Personally I find them to sound laid back and very spacious and I often forget that I have them in my ears when I use them (sudden effects in music or videos will often startle me as it sounds like it came from somewhere in the room).

Unfortunately they don't do much in terms of lower bass which correlates with your measurements, and they make my ears hurt a bit after wearing them for extended periods (several hours at a time). Which is why I don't use them that much. I find it odd since before my ears begin to hurt they feel like nothing at all in the ear.

They were about $4 a pair with shipping to northern Europe directly from NiceHCK.

A suggestion if I may, do include (or link to) a description of how you came up with your "mixing space" with each review, and not just how you feel like this particular device matches this. I appreciate the effort, but without a more in-depth description it's not that intuitive to read, even as someone who owns two of the headphones you have created these visualizations for.
thank you! Actually, about the 3D plot, there are some brief explanations in the lower left corner, and I also answered more detailedly in this post: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ew-these-199-iems-were-originally-1000.40626/ Maybe I can create a separate detailed description link and insert it in each review for people who have questions to view.

Top Bottom