• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Videos vs. Articles

Do you prefer videos or articles?

• I dislike articles and like videos more.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FredC

I don't care much for the review videos since reading the article is just as informative but I find the tutorial/debunking ones essential.

deprogrammed

In that specific example, a short video of someone performing various techniques might be useful. I'd still prefer written text over or in addition to spoken narrative for the important bits. Not that I've ever watched a soldering video.

I have watched many how to videos. Fixed things on the car and around the house. Also a good barometer as to what am I getting into. Is this something I can do or is it time to call a professional? The written word is not as good for this as a video. My daughter and her friends use you tube for the same all the time. The 21st century is here! But yes, I love good documentation with words and graphics. Both have their place.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
One big disadvantage of videos, I find, is that one can't listen to music at the same time.
This is true as is the comment about people not being fluent in English to understand them.

Taxi

It seems to me that this thread/poll is a lot of bluster over nothing. As I write this, 77 votes have been cast, and well over a third of them are "I dislike videos, and like articles more." You don't like the videos? Fine, DON'T WATCH THEM. No one is forcing you to do so. And Amir has never indicated that the videos would replace the written articles. He even had to state just the opposite in this overreaction of a thread!

It's obvious that @amirm puts a lot of effort into both the written and video reviews. You do him a disservice when you question the validity of the video side of this effort.

Wombat

Master Contributor
It seems to me that this thread/poll is a lot of bluster over nothing. As I write this, 77 votes have been cast, and well over a third of them are "I dislike videos, and like articles more." You don't like the videos? Fine, DON'T WATCH THEM. No one is forcing you to do so. And Amir has never indicated that the videos would replace the written articles. He even had to state just the opposite in this overreaction of a thread!

It's obvious that @amirm puts a lot of effort into both the written and video reviews. You do him a disservice when you question the validity of the video side of this effort.

His time and thus formats are compromised, one way or t'other. This affects members preferences and they are responding, accordingly.

Last edited:
OP
B

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It seems to me that this thread/poll is a lot of bluster over nothing.

I think it's fine, in a forum, to state preferences. Amirm is going to Amirm no matter what anyone says. More power to he.

His time and thus formats are compromised, one way or t'other. This affects members preferences and they are responding, accordingly.

Agreed.

Also enjoying trolling with porpoiseful mistakes.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I find the new videos interesting, and it’s nice that some one searching YouTube for cable advice now has a higher chance hitting some competent opinion.

OP
B

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I watched the rf and db videos. 1.75 speed is about right. What's amazing is that the rf guy amir takes down is so slow a talker that at 1.75 speed over amir doubling, he's still slow.

Top Bottom