• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Video production audio equipment

Bonzola

Hello people. My first post on ASR...please bear with me. I make videos for my YouTube channel and have accumulated ad hoc equipment over the years. I have the opportunity to move out of my small spare bedroom studio into a bigger room and would like to upgrade my audio. The current room is not treated, but the new one will be. I currently use a Marantz AV receiver which is is fed by HDMI from my PC’s GPU. The audio goes to a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze BR2 speakers. I have a Focusrite Scarlett 3rd gen audio adapter which connects to a Rode NT1 mic. I’d like to reduce the bulk of my system. I have in mind using the Focusrite as the hub of the new setup driving a pair of studio monitors. The ones I’m looking at are Focal Shape 40, Adam Audio T5V or equivalent. Would my proposed new system be significantly better than the old one? Thanks for any advice.

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
Hello people. My first post on ASR...please bear with me. I make videos for my YouTube channel and have accumulated ad hoc equipment over the years. I have the opportunity to move out of my small spare bedroom studio into a bigger room and would like to upgrade my audio. The current room is not treated, but the new one will be. I currently use a Marantz AV receiver which is is fed by HDMI from my PC’s GPU. The audio goes to a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze BR2 speakers. I have a Focusrite Scarlett 3rd gen audio adapter which connects to a Rode NT1 mic. I’d like to reduce the bulk of my system. I have in mind using the Focusrite as the hub of the new setup driving a pair of studio monitors. The ones I’m looking at are Focal Shape 40, Adam Audio T5V or equivalent. Would my proposed new system be significantly better than the old one? Thanks for any advice.
Welcome Aboard @Bonzola.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Welcome!

I suggest the Neumann KH80DSP. Neutral, clean sound, peace of mind. One of the best measured speakers in here.

OP
B

Bonzola

They are superb. The clarity and detail are extraordinary compared to my previous setup. I have played with the App, but can’t say I noticed much difference but it‘S early days.

Top Bottom