• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Video Game Soundtracks

Blur

Forum Donor
I use some tracks from the Halo 3 soundtrack as test tracks.

Halo 3: One Final Effort
Angele Dubeau & La Pieta
Game Music 2012

A800

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Turrican series on Amiga.
Especially Turrican II.

Tks

Major Contributor
This could be used as an audiophile track with how good it is >_>

When I think of people talking about things like timbre, attack, transients, speed, and that sort of nonsense - this sort of music comes to mind.

Crazy_Nate

How... has Diablo 1/2 not been mentioned??? The Tristram track is probably my all time favorite.

Also agree that Castlevania SOTN is epic.

ttimer

Darren Korbs Soundtracks for Supergiant Games are the best i have heard over my gaming history. Bastion and Transistor especially:

lennard

I think Final Fantasy IX has the most relaxing, cheerful soundtrack of the series, if that's what you're looking for. And as Lander suggested, the Piano Collections are so lovely.

ttimer

The work by Nervous Testpilot for the Frozen Synapse OST is also excellent.

Zedly

Forum Donor
I've been listening a lot to the Red Dead Redemption 2 soundtrack. Great game, and the score is just as great.

dasdoing

Major Contributor
My computer game playing days are far behind me but the late Richard Joseph produced some of my favourite soundtracks of the early 90’s...

Another soundtrack that really stood out was from the bonkers wasp/insect based shoot-em-up Apidya by Chris Huelsbeck.

Turns out this soundtrack is available on Bandcamp!

weak,

this was the best:

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I will always be partial to OSTs from JRPGs, but as far as I'm concerned, Journey's soundtrack by Austin Wintory is basically the pinnacle of the orchestral video game music. Not only are the pieces fantastic on their own, the way they worked with the actual gameplay made Journey one of my all-time gaming experiences.

Completely agree. purchased on bandcamp just now.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I've been listening a lot to the Red Dead Redemption 2 soundtrack. Great game, and the score is just as great.

Ugh that game is a masterpiece. I have been drooling over buying the game’s soundtrack on vinyl for some time now.

I also really like the soundtrack of Darksiders 2

jasonholder8855

I really like Osu! game soundtrack and this game is super addictive. You can play any song in rhythm you want and it's easy too! I like how you can make any song in the world in this game for free! This game is also free and you can get super good at it in a few days!

Top Bottom