• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Very little knowledge in the speaker realm. Looking to get T1 Encore, thoughts?

digicidal

Major Contributor
Well, he did state it was to remain consistent between the two speakers... I'm sure the real reason was because if he used a $5 USB cable he might be confronted with the fact that not only were the $600 speakers almost as good as his $6000 ones... but more importantly that the $5 USB cable was exactly as good as the $3500 one. He also noted normally using ultra high end power filtration... so I'm sure he was struggling to hear anything with all that dirty power. :facepalm:
How many people use a $7200 power conditioner and $40,000 or more worth of cabling and power treatment with $599/pair powered speakers?
Uh... how many people do that with $6K/pair speakers... or $60K/pair speakers for that matter? The fact that anyone would spend the bulk of their audio budget on something that doesn't even produce sound is stupefying in the extreme. Obviously he got his for free... so I guess why not?

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I had the T1 Encores set up to demo for an audiophile visitor a couple days ago. Much shaking of head.:cool:

OP
Tks

Tks

Major Contributor
I had the T1 Encores set up to demo for an audiophile visitor a couple days ago. Much shaking of head.:cool:

I love these things, perfect for a modest living room setup. Can't bring myself to get some crazy home theater setup (don't watch TV much). And so convenient I can link my phone or macbook with bluetooth and play music straight to them.

Top Bottom