• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Verum , racist and vile please don't give him business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icboschert

Forum Donor
I've explained that a year ago at SBAF and admin prooved that normal messages and that offensive were made from different Ip addresses. What reason I had to say so after hundreds of flawless orders to guy with thousand posts with a help of forum private messages system?
At that time I was concentrated on assembling and delegated communication to another person. Big mistake, should made separate account.
Let's say the admin thing is true, why take the chance and risk your business further by spewing garbage in Discord or any other place? To me, at best it means you don't take your business seriously and at worst, you are a racial extremist. I no longer want to spend my dollars with your brand in either case.

Ratatoskr

I don't think Garuspik can walk this one back. He has already been banned at two forums and has a clear history of racist comments see this post for links to the Discord screenshots.

bigjacko

Addicted to Fun and Learning
@Garuspik The western world tends to be more sensitive at racisim that kind of stuff because it is politically correct to do, you gain "public cerdits" for it. I once lived at some places with people just saying fuck all the time, but those are actually the best people I have ever met. In big city and international places everyone acts polite and well manner, but I never think they are truly kind to people, they just acting. My suggestion for you is to learn from this incident, stop saying things that irritate those western people.

zermak

I don't think Garuspik can walk this one back. He has already been banned at two forums and has a clear history of racist comments see this post for links to the Discord screenshots.
I don't know the story or anyhting (I had and never had interest in a Verum either), just read it now and it is just some trolling you do cause people are good at annoying you...
Plus the nickname of the user that posted it is not very nice either (do I have to write it down here?)... Just a bunch of trolls (kids?) to me that have fun with this childish ways.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Guys. I need to explain situation ;( I was banned And I understand why - because of my trolling at discord.
I definitely not a racist\homofobic\antisemite etc you can think about my personality. I was just a silly troll. One guy at discord called me communist and flat-earther and I thought it'll be funny to add some more negative perks to those titles and joke about sensitive things for western culturue and cosplay something like Borat. All this was at discord during some sort of beef with that guy.
It was idiotic mistake and now I realize this.
The only thing I ask is to judge me upon my deeds, not words:

During over 2 years I've NEVER said anything bad on any forum neither in publiс nor in private messages.
During 2 years I had a perfect track of working with customers and never was rude. Why I should act in another way?
Second - at my own will I've gathered money to one of important SBAF members when he was injured in car accident to help him pay bills in hospital. After that I've NEVER mentioned this situation nowhere. I don't consider this to be some merit, it ws just my feeling - support a guy I sympathize that made huge contribution to our hobby. Haven't seen real support for that community member from other guys on SBAF who now almost compares me with Hitler.
OK, I read a few of the threads. I am not taking any action right this minute but I am very much inclined to ban your membership. The kind of thing posted under your alias elsewhere crosses the line so much that it is something I don't like to remotely be associated with. The only reason you are not banned this minute is because you didn't post it here. But that may not be sufficient to keep you as a member.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Guys. I need to explain situation ;( I was banned And I understand why - because of my trolling at discord.
I definitely not a racist\homofobic\antisemite etc you can think about my personality. I was just a silly troll. One guy at discord called me communist and flat-earther and I thought it'll be funny to add some more negative perks to those titles and joke about sensitive things for western culturue and cosplay something like Borat. All this was at discord during some sort of beef with that guy.

During over 2 years I've NEVER said anything bad on any forum neither in publiс nor in private messages.
During 2 years I had a perfect track of working with customers and never was rude. Why I should act in another way?
Second - at my own will I've gathered money to one of important SBAF members when he was injured in car accident to help him pay bills in hospital. After that I've NEVER mentioned this situation nowhere. I don't consider this to be some merit, it ws just my feeling - support a guy I sympathize that made huge contribution to our hobby. Haven't seen real support for that community member from other guys on SBAF who now almost compares me with Hitler.
Every story have two sides.....

Icboschert

Forum Donor
Aaaaand. As part of the cacel culture, this is Bullshit.
I hate the cancel culture as much as anyone. Going after people for what they've said years or even decades ago? It's ridiculous. But if there's a pretty obvious pattern of questionable behavior that is still on going it's an easy call for me to make personally.

Rusty Shackleford

Aaaaand. As part of the cancel culture, this is Bullshit.

Please explain how you define “cancel culture.” How is he being “cancelled”? He made numerous overtly racist and anti-Semitic comments in public forums. If that causes some people not to buy his products, that’s simply the consequence of his own actions. He has no one to blame but himself.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Please explain how you define “cancel culture.” How is he being “cancelled”? He made numerous overtly racist and anti-Semitic comments in public forums. If that causes some people not to buy his products, that’s simply the consequence of his own actions. He has no one to blame but himself.
Basically you precisely described it.
And an important thing is 2 years ago.

I called gay people f word on YouTube two years ago. Does that make me the same position as him? Everything was different back then.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

I called gay people f word on YouTube two years ago. Does that make me the same position as him? Everything was different back then.
Not in US.

Rusty Shackleford

Your description of “cancel culture” is simply being held accountable for one’s words and actions. Your expectation seems to be that actions don’t have consequences. I thought conservatives believed in personal responsibility?

With all due respect, we knew that the “f-word” for gay people was offensive two years ago. If it was a one-time mistake, maybe you deserve leniency. But if you’re an adult, you should’ve known better, even then.

Certainly, the Verum founder knew his repeated words were offensive when he said them. It wasn’t a one-time lapse in judgment.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Your description of “cancel culture” is simply being held accountable for one’s words and actions. Your expectation seems to be that actions don’t have consequences. I thought conservatives believed in personal responsibility?

With all due respect, we knew that the “f-word” for gay people was offensive two years ago. If it was a one-time mistake, maybe you deserve leniency. But if you’re an adult, you should’ve known better, even then.

Certainly, the Verum founder knew his repeated words were offensive when he said them. It wasn’t a one-time lapse in judgment.
The point of it is finding stuff of someone a few years ago then bring the people down a few years later especially when the person no longer hold the same position or behave the same way.
There's the whole different between being toxic trolling and hatred or crime too. Context matters.

PS: I didn't actually say that.

Rusty Shackleford

The point of it is finding stuff of someone a few years ago then bring the people down a few years later especially when the person no longer hold the same position or behave the same way.
There's the whole different between being toxic trolling and hatred or crime too. Context matters.

It was offensive and wrong a few years ago, just as it is today. Simply because he got away with it then doesn’t mean he should never escape consequences. He expects people to buy products from him that were designed and reviewed years ago, too!

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
It was offensive and wrong a few years ago, just as it is today. Simply because he got away with it then doesn’t mean he should never escape consequences. He expects people to buy products from him that were designed and reviewed years ago, too!
Alright. We have different opinions. Not gonna argue.

Last edited:

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor

Just a brief look at your posting history here and I see you accusing us of being a religious sect .

You will get one chance , I'm on high alert as you seem to be trouble so be warned any more drama and you will be banned here as well

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

The man is clearly an idiot. I'm all for not holding an adult accountable for errors in their youth. But this guy set his venture up as an adult and in that time, knowing full well that he needs social media to drive his business, shoots his mouth off posting garbage.

He's been warned by admins here, I have a feeling it won't be long before he says or does something stupid again. But let's see.

He doesn't get dollar one from me though.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
From Verum to Venom in a few keystrokes.

Politics and such don't mix well with decent business.
Ofcourse we really don't want to know how much of the stuff we buy/bought has been (partially) made using (child)slave labour.

I would say to Garuspik: stay of the keyboard when on booze and treat everyone with respect... always...

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Of course, don't touch sensitive topics is key in many places.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Guys, come on. I'm a racist at the same degree as I'm ballerina.

garusbal.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist. It's all in good fun. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom