• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Verum Audio Verum 1 Review (Headphone)

Rate this headphone:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 22 11.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 87 45.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 71 36.8%

• Total voters

The French

The Hifiman Sundara is easily the better planar headphone for this price range. I honestly don't see what makes this headphone 'Great'. It's a fine to not terrible imo.

I have both, and find the Verum One much better.
The Sundara is better in terms of distance to the scene, but the Verum One is better on every other aspects.
Including comfort : the pivot on the top is great, the leather pads are confortable, the clamping is perfect, it's heavy but not that much.

Verum One is better tuned than my Audeze LCD-XC, but I still prefer the audeze (which cost 5x the price of the Verum One), because it's more fun.

That being said, the guy who's making those headphones is under the russians bombs, probably fearing for his life and the life of his relatives.
If I understand the discussion about his headphones, I still think it's a bit awkward to discuss about it right now.
I sincerely hope he and his relatives, as Ukrain, will be ok.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So you think that it's fine to label and slur Eastern Europeans?
I personally think it's fine to label and slur everyone. EVERYONE!

If you choose to be offended by something, report the post.
GHKkmvo.jpg

Last edited:

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have both, and find the Verum One much better.
Would you say these are headphones that play outside of your head? I never had ones that didn't sound "wrong".

Metronomy

I am not sure when or if this thread would derail so let me get this out of my system.

These are the most uncomfortable headphones I have ever worn. Even the Abyss1266 are better than these. The clamping force is ridiculously strong. The metal pieces are too elastic and won't stay stretched. I bought a replacement headband on Aliexpress. I had to drill the holes bigger but it worked nonetheless. The stock pads are also very stiff. Both the leather and the foam are stiff. This makes the mid-bass punchy but sub-bass lacking. It reminded me of the Fostex TH-X00 which also uses angled leather pads: there is bass, but there is no deep bass. I have tried four different pads and I currently settled on the ZMF auteur perforated pads. Now these headphones have slightly more high frequency and softer bass. But the pads plus headband costs about $200, which makes the whole combo cost more than $500.

So, if you want good sound, care about comfort, and are willing to spend more than $500, you should... just get the Hifiman Edition XS plus Dekoni fenestrated sheepskin pads, This combo is much better.
Sorry, do you have the link to the AliExpress band?

The French

Would you say these are headphones that play outside of your head? I never had ones that didn't sound "wrong".

I have that feeling with the Sundara (the music beeing presented in frony of me), but it still sound good.
They just lack a bit of bass, and most importantly for me, the timbre aren't correct.

The Verum One is clearly playing in my head. :)

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Cheers. Maybe i should go to headphones made around 2010, some had 5 or more drivers in them and tried to provide a more out of the head experience.

Suppa92

I have that feeling with the Sundara (the music beeing presented in frony of me), but it still sound good.
They just lack a bit of bass, and most importantly for me, the timbre aren't correct.

The Verum One is clearly playing in my head. :)
your opinion about sundara vs verum is exactly similar to my experience.
sundara sounded extremely unnatural to me, thin and shrill sounding.

but to me verum don't exactly like "in head" like experience. it has very extremely narrow soundstage, like next to your ears kind of soundstage but not like "in head" like an iem.

Χ Ξ Σ

Forum Donor
I have had a pair for a little over a year and enjoy them occasionally. As their weight suggests, they are excellent for neck strength training. I tried to sell/trade them on Craigslist for the last few months and have had no bites. I guess they only appeal to a very small niche.

The French

I have had a pair for a little over a year and enjoy them occasionally. As their weight suggests, they are excellent for neck strength training. I tried to sell/trade them on Craigslist for the last few months and have had no bites. I guess they only appeal to a very small niche.

On Headfi, a pair usually doesn't last more than a day. Even when sold at the original price.
But you're right, normal people have never heard about Verum One, or of the Sash Tres.

Regarding the neck training session, you should wear an Audeze planar for few hours...the Verum One are rather lights compared to most Audezes (but they are obviously heavier than many other HPs) :D

andivax

Forum Donor
Admin, please do not kill this message.

Verum Audio based in Ukraine, Kharkov.
Kharkov and other cities was bombarded about 10 days.
It's war in Ukraine so Verum definitely can't supply their cans in the near future.

On Headfi, a pair usually doesn't last more than a day. Even when sold at the original price.
But you're right, normal people have never heard about Verum One, or of the Sash Tres.

Regarding the neck training session, you should wear an Audeze planar for few hours...the Verum One are rather lights compared to most Audezes (but they are obviously heavier than many other HPs) :D
Good to know, I was just trying Craigslist so I didn't have to deal with shipping.

:)

juliangst

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I would be careful with that company. The creator of the Verum One, Garuspik, said many racist and homophobic things in the past, and I personally don't want to support people like that

Metronomy

I would be careful with that company. The creator of the Verum One, Garuspik, said many racist and homophobic things in the past, and I personally don't want to support people like that
We are not here to play politics, personally I don't care what Mr. Verum thinks. Important that your headphones sound good

Last edited:

Metronomy

Well, on a bigger scale, nobody cared from whom they got oil, gas, aluminium and REE.
Guess what they do with the money now...
@amirm , not very sensitive to review a product from a war zone.
It does also not shed a good light on some users here,
who obviously do not care that 1.7million people have already fled,
death toll is in the thousands and the maker of the phones could possibly face death.
If this is really about our hobby you should take the review offline - this time you simply
can't draw a line between fun and politics.
We are judging a Hifi product, no one claims to solve the problems of the planet. But we are off topic maybe!
However, I've been listening to them for a week now and find them remarkable in every way. Spatiality, very nice bass, lovely midrange. A bargain at 350 euros

NDRQ

Just EQ them, but if you're not gonna do that then yes you have to choose headphones based on the stock frequency response - but there are ultimately more qualities to a headphone beyond it's stock frequency response, so those that don't EQ are missing out on exploring the limits of different headphone models. There's no reason not to EQ unless you just can't in your use case, but normally there's a way, either at the source device using software or using something like Quidelix 5K (https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...qudelix-5k-bluetooth-dac-headphone-amp.17386/ ) which is independent of the source EQ.

I am using EQ with all my headphone, but even with EQ, the Sundara is quite thin, lacks impact, you just cant change the headphone, frequency response is just the tonality, not everything. For example, the Focal Clear and the HD800 will never sound the same, even if you use EQ to match the Harman curve.

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
To be clear: this product was tested for a member who purchased it. I didn't see a reason to not do this testing for him regardless of who the company was that was behind it.

Top Bottom