• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Verum , racist and vile please don't give him business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dweekie

I should say I am not perhaps as upset as some people may think :)
I chose to order them after listening to somebody else’s and being very impressed.
I forget which finish I ordered but have a feeling the choice was no longer available a few days later, so maybe I just missed the end of a batch (though I could have been told).
Anyway I ordered them because I thought they were great and admired the guy starting it up.
I would have chased it up earlier if I wasn’t a forgetful old bloke who actually already has plenty of headphones and mainly listens to loudspeakers.

I ordered from the website a little more than 2 weeks before you did. I'll let you know when/if I get a shipping notice. I'm also waiting on the thx amp that's supposed to ship tomorrow after 3.5 months of waiting. I'm hoping it'll be a good month for me :) I'm kind of used to waiting 6 months to a year for custom handmade items from various other hobbies, so I guess I may be a bit more patient than the Amazon.com generation in these cases - which is ironic since I'm one of the most impatient people when it comes to day to day activities :p

shanecoughlan

Forum Donor

solderdude

Grand Contributor
These kind of issues were exactly why I did not jump on this.
Waiting for child diseases to disappear and the product to mature.
Plus I already have too many headphones anyway and want my headphones to adjust easily and be lightweight.

shanecoughlan

Forum Donor
Dear all

Here we go, the public domain release of specifications, measurements and audio analysis of the Verum 1.

This information is from the Head-Fi community:
Verum-One-Measurements.png

Source code here: https://github.com/shanecoughlan/Verum-1

Attachments

• Verum-One-Measurements.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 214

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This just in message on Kickstarter from Verum Audio about delays on V1 headphones:

Hello. I know that I'm very delaying with last ~ 50 pledges and orders made through website. Let me explain what is going on:
I've already assembled more then 150 cups (including grills, magnetic system etc). So basically I have >75 assembled headphones without headband.

Unfortunately my lathe machine where I produce titanium knobs was broken 4 weeks ago and I was waiting for parts to repair it. I've finally received them and hope finish repairs tomorrow and start producing those knobs that're delaying all the process.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
This just in message on Kickstarter from Verum Audio about delays on V1 headphones:

Hello. I know that I'm very delaying with last ~ 50 pledges and orders made through website. Let me explain what is going on:
I've already assembled more then 150 cups (including grills, magnetic system etc). So basically I have >75 assembled headphones without headband.

Unfortunately my lathe machine where I produce titanium knobs was broken 4 weeks ago and I was waiting for parts to repair it. I've finally received them and hope finish repairs tomorrow and start producing those knobs that're delaying all the process.
This is an unfortunate risk of being a small manufacturer.
It is now 13 weeks since I ordered (and paid for) mine.
I am really looking forward to hearing them again after the superb sound at the HiFi Wigwam show NVA room.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
looks like at SBAF Verum isn't the super best audio friend it started out to be.
(Only read when you are into gossip, has no bearing on technical issues at all)

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It will soon be 4 months since I ordered mine with a quoted 3-4 week delivery.
I am in no rush, but it shows the problem of startups.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
yesterday I read that he just finished all the kick starter orders and now moves on to regular orders made on the webiste.
So it could still be a while before it ships I reckon.

I figure he did not anticipate such a massive amount of orders and will probably hit himself on the head not asking $100.- more.
I guess it would still sell equally well.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
yesterday I read that he just finished all the kick starter orders and now moves on to regular orders made on the webiste.
So it could still be a while before it ships I reckon.

I figure he did not anticipate such a massive amount of orders and will probably hit himself on the head not asking $100.- more.
I guess it would still sell equally well.
Indeed. He should probably have raised the price some time ago once he had so many orders he was struggling to manufacture them.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I reckon the Verum 2 will be more expensive in the future.
When you need/want to live from manufacturing headphones and even have to hire help the price of the headphones will need to go up.
Then, you need to have a steady order flow when you want to stay in business and be competetive in price, ease of use and comfort.

It can be done but price will have to go up.
A succesfull kick starter none the less.
Hope to hear/measure one in due time.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
As improbable a Kickstarter project as it was, I'm just glad that he was able to deliver on the product rather than a few other high profile tech products that dissipated into thin air. It took a fair bit longer than promised but at least it didn't stretch into the multi-year abyss like one I closely watched. And that one was 3 years and counting, with the Kickstarter orders yet to be completely fulfilled !

abm0

Forum Donor
looks like at SBAF Verum isn't the super best audio friend it started out to be.
(Only read when you are into gossip, has no bearing on technical issues at all)
I guess that's to be expected from a place like SBAF, where they love to gossip so much they have an entire forum section dedicated to just that. :)

But he'd already been shipping website orders for a bit, he just had a few Kickstarter ones left when one of his machines failed in June. Orders from different months are mixed because of how he's producing them in color batches, is my understanding.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I guess that's to be expected from a place like SBAF, where they love to gossip so much they have an entire forum section dedicated to just that. :)

But he'd already been shipping website orders for a bit, he just had a few Kickstarter ones left when one of his machines failed in June. Orders from different months are mixed because of how he's producing them in color batches, is my understanding.
Gives me hope mine won't be long now then.
He emailed me mid-May hoping to ship in ~3 weeks so probably imminent now.

abm0

Forum Donor
Gives me hope mine won't be long now then.
He emailed me mid-May hoping to ship in ~3 weeks so probably imminent now.
Yep - the latest update with concrete information that I know of was that someone who ordered on May 17th was told their pair would get shipped by the end of this month.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yep - the latest update with concrete information that I know of was that someone who ordered on May 17th was told their pair would get shipped by the end of this month.
He is lucky then, mine were ordered on 17 March, with a quoted delivery of 3-4 weeks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom