• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Verum , racist and vile please don't give him business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veri

Master Contributor
Interesting initiative. On average how long does it take to ship them to an address in Europa (Sweden) after pushing the order button?
Due to current worldwide shipping delays it will easily take 4+ weeks. Normally it's less than a month.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Personally I would wait till the mk2 version becomes a reality.
This one is closer to 16 Ohm and will have improvements on it, hopefully also reliability has improved (given reactions on SBAF)
I reckon the price will go up as well as he is swamped with orders and already will have found out that you can make more money with less sales when you increase the price. Better quality and less DIY feel will warrant a price hike.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Due to current worldwide shipping delays it will easily take 4+ weeks. Normally it's less than a month.
I ordered (and paid for) the alternative ear pads about 6 months ago. I haven't received them, a PM on SBAF got no response.
I still think these are my favourite headphones overall, but I had to wait 5 months for them originally (I ordered at the worst time, I think) but expected things to be better when I ordered the ear pads. They were not.

It is a bad experience I won't be repeating and I would no longer recommend that anybody buy anything from Verum in case they have the same experience as me.

Icboschert

Forum Donor
Has anybody tried other aftermarket pads on the Verums? Any thoughts appreciated

solderdude

Grand Contributor
The Verum playground is SBAF:

85 pages of info, talk and ...

solderdude

Grand Contributor
it is...
ermmm... filled with folks that can hear a gnat fart from a mile away ... even when it was a silent one. :)

Not many (experimenting) owners here I suspect.

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah, I'm aware but honestly seems like a toxic forum

It's not too bad if you can manage to hold your tongue regarding people's "religious" views on the electronics.

I don't think there's anywhere else you'll find as much discussion and measurement of aftermarket pads and headphone mods.

MpNormy

I was interested in buying a pair of these to accompany my pair of dt1990. I was curious about one thing. Do i have to pay import fees and duties if i'm importing from Italy?

IceChant

They're made in Ukraine, logically you should expect to be charged VAT + tax.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
That may hurt his business as well then.

bigjacko

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Not any longer. Garuspik was banned from SBAF and Head-Fi for racist and anti-semitic comments on the forums and social media. Really offensive remarks.
Wow, what did he said that result in such big reaction? I can't find his social media. How can we connect him now?

MpNormy

This is not what you want to read 1 week after ordering a pair of Verum One....

Icboschert

Forum Donor
Yeah, I'm definitely not a proud owner now. And if I wanted to sell, probably not many people will be interested (unless they didn't know about the news)

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Guys. I need to explain situation ;( I was banned And I understand why - because of my trolling at discord.
I definitely not a racist\homofobic\antisemite etc you can think about my personality. I was just a silly troll. One guy at discord called me communist and flat-earther and I thought it'll be funny to add some more negative perks to those titles and joke about sensitive things for western culturue and cosplay something like Borat. All this was at discord during some sort of beef with that guy.
It was idiotic mistake and now I realize this.
The only thing I ask is to judge me upon my deeds, not words:

During over 2 years I've NEVER said anything bad on any forum neither in publiс nor in private messages.
During 2 years I had a perfect track of working with customers and never was rude. Why I should act in another way?
Second - at my own will I've gathered money to one of important SBAF members when he was injured in car accident to help him pay bills in hospital. After that I've NEVER mentioned this situation nowhere. I don't consider this to be some merit, it ws just my feeling - support a guy I sympathize that made huge contribution to our hobby. Haven't seen real support for that community member from other guys on SBAF who now almost compares me with Hitler.

I've just read an exchange where you tell a customer that you hope he and his family die of cancer. Or was that your intern? So you'll forgive me if I say your words here are meaningless.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I've explained that a year ago at SBAF and admin prooved that normal messages and that offensive were made from different Ip addresses. What reason I had to say so after hundreds of flawless orders to guy with thousand posts with a help of forum private messages system?
At that time I was concentrated on assembling and delegated communication to another person. Big mistake, should made separate account.
Well I was debating getting a set of your cans but I don't think I will now. I think you're reaping the whirlwind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom