• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Verum 1 : planar magnetic headphones

abm0

Gives me hope mine won't be long now then.
He emailed me mid-May hoping to ship in ~3 weeks so probably imminent now.
Yep - the latest update with concrete information that I know of was that someone who ordered on May 17th was told their pair would get shipped by the end of this month.

Frank Dernie

Major Contributor
Patreon Donor
Yep - the latest update with concrete information that I know of was that someone who ordered on May 17th was told their pair would get shipped by the end of this month.
He is lucky then, mine were ordered on 17 March, with a quoted delivery of 3-4 weeks.

Last edited:

GGroch

Patreon Donor
Oluv is definitively the Mikey* of headphone reviewers, so his enthusiastic review is a quite a surprise. I really like my pair, but he hates a lot of headphones that I like. I do not think I have heard him this excited about headphones before.**

Oluv does a lot of pad rolling in this video, measuring frequency response with multiple pads and surprisingly seems to like Superlux HD-681 pads best. I don't think Superlux pads are offered separately, but the 681s cost about the same as most pads. His previous favorite open backs were the HD-600s I think, and he is a stickler for flat FR measurement.

I ordered the new lambskin angled pads from Verum a couple of weeks ago but expect a good wait before they arrive.

Frank, that is quite a wait. I just hope you like them when they arrive. Many of us purchased Verum Ones in the Kickstarter campaign, so our expectations of timely arrival, or arrival at all, were quite different. I hope he is responding to your email inquiries.

* Mikey Link for young-uns
** He likes the Stockwell IIs a lot for Bluetooth speakers.

Last edited:

Frank Dernie

Major Contributor
Patreon Donor
Oluv is definitively the Mikey* of headphone reviewers, so his enthusiastic review is a quite a surprise. I really like my pair, but he hates a lot of headphones that I like. I do not think I have heard him this excited about headphones before.**

Oluv does a lot of pad rolling in this video, measuring frequency response with multiple pads and surprisingly seems to like Superlux HD-681 pads best. I don't think Superlux pads are offered separately, but the 681s cost about the same as most pads. His previous favorite open backs were the HD-600s I think, and he is a stickler for flat FR measurement.

I ordered the new lambskin angled pads from Verum a couple of weeks ago but expect a good wait before they arrive.

Frank, that is quite a wait. I just hope you like them when they arrive. Many of us purchased Verum Ones in the Kickstarter campaign, so our expectations of timely arrival, or arrival at all, were quite different. I hope he is responding to your email inquiries.

* Mikey Link for young-uns
** He likes the Stockwell IIs a lot for Bluetooth speakers.
I haven't hassled him. I don't know whether "the squeaky wheel gets the oil" or the opposite or if shipping is in strict order sequence but only one, very brief, email in May saying about 3 weeks.
I wish I hadn't ordered them, to be frank, despite very much being impressed by the instrumental timbre of the ones I listened to in March the day before I ordered some.

GGroch

Patreon Donor
...I wish I hadn't ordered them, to be frank....
Punny? Garuspik posts several times a week on SBAF and posted this last Wednesday (7/31):

1. I've shipped all March orders today and moving to April orders.
2. I'll be shipping earpads and headphones without notification. Concentrating on making and delivering what was promised. Thanks for understanding!

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Patreon Donor
I haven't hassled him. I don't know whether "the squeaky wheel gets the oil" or the opposite or if shipping is in strict order sequence but only one, very brief, email in May saying about 3 weeks.
I wish I hadn't ordered them, to be frank, despite very much being impressed by the instrumental timbre of the ones I listened to in March the day before I ordered some.
As they haven't shipped, and he cannot keep up with orders you seem within your right to cancel the order. Has he charged your card?

Frank Dernie

Major Contributor
Patreon Donor
Punny? Garuspik posts several times a week on SBAF and posted this last Wednesday (7/31):

1. I've shipped all March orders today and moving to April orders.
2. I'll be shipping earpads and headphones without notification. Concentrating on making and delivering what was promised. Thanks for understanding!
The guy who had the pair I heard said they had just showed up with no shipping notification, maybe I'll be lucky but maybe I'll be on holiday.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Patreon Donor
Price @ $350 seems reasonable. Can one still order those? I could be interested. Information on ordering tplease ? TIA.

abm0

The guy who had the pair I heard said they had just showed up with no shipping notification, maybe I'll be lucky but maybe I'll be on holiday.
Yeah, Garuspik also stated recently that he isn't sending notifications, just shipping them out as fast as he can to catch up to everything and get to the point where people can order them from stock.

I got a response from Garuspik that my order from June should be shipped by the end of August. It looks as though he is getting quite a lot more orders than he can handle, hopefully it all goes smoothly.

Frank Dernie

Major Contributor
Patreon Donor
I got a response from Garuspik that my order from June should be shipped by the end of August. It looks as though he is getting quite a lot more orders than he can handle, hopefully it all goes smoothly.
I think he has from the beginning. My order in mid-March was due to be shipped within 3 to 4 weeks.
I am still waiting.
I had no reply to my last email.

Something like Atom would already be more than fine if you'd need one.
Yeah I'm considering the Atom as my primary choice, really low distortion numbers on that thing. From what I hear from other owners of Verums, they really don't require an external amp as most decent PC motherboards do the job well.

Veri

Major Contributor
Patreon Donor
Yeah I'm considering the Atom as my primary choice, really low distortion numbers on that thing. From what I hear from other owners of Verums, they really don't require an external amp as most decent PC motherboards do the job well.
It is fairly sensitive for a planar for sure. Should be good to go!