• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Vertical Toe-in, tweeter below ear level

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
Hey hello

i have a pair of Kef R7, but i don't have the coaxial at ear level, in fact i have the top woofer at ear level, my questioning is if i '' toe '' the speaker but vertically?

A few centimers for get the coaxial at ear level will improve the sound?

I mean i the front spikes i have 2 books for getting a little angle
1632750527705.png

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Ofcourse it's best to have the tweeter at ear height, but this is a coaxial speaker, the mid-bass drivers only work up to 400Hz or so, AND it's an MTM configuration, so it's not a big deal.

OP
B

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
Ofcourse it's best to have the tweeter at ear height, but this is a coaxial speaker, the mid-bass drivers only work up to 400Hz or so, AND it's an MTM configuration, so it's not a big deal.
the problem i think is the sound is coming for below, its just a little bit my friend also noticed this problem, Recently i put 2 books per side in the front spikes ( 3 cm more in the front ) and i think the towers are sounding normally now

But this problem doesn't destroy the image, the funny thing is i have the r7 at 1,8m distance

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
the problem i think is the sound is coming for below, its just a little bit my friend also noticed this problem, Recently i put 2 books per side in the front spikes and i think the towers are sounding normally now

But this problem doesn't destroy the image, the funny thing is i have the r7 at 1,8m distance

it doesn't matter where the speaker is pointing in this example, it will always sound like it's coming from the speaker. or the phantom center will always be at the same height.

OP
B

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
it doesn't matter where the speaker is pointing in this example, it will always sound like it's coming from the speaker. or the phantom center will always be at the same height.
The phantom center its at the same level, just the towers give the sensation of the sound coming from below, is not that bad but i think it can be improve, now i think i pretty much fix the problem but im not sure, i had my bookshelf at ear level and that thing sound right but when i listened this tower i noticed that problem, but it doesn't annoy me a lot

i think the woofer pointing at my legs can create this thing?, the woofer from below is at legs level, the coaxial at chest level and the top woofer at ear level, but these books giving 3cm more in the front make a noticeable difference, this 3cm make the tweeter point at my shoulder instead of my chest

(?) i don't know

Last edited:
Top Bottom