• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Vera Audio

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have been on the search for a hi-powered purifi amplifier ever since the original modules were released. As they have been adopted more and by some larger, mainstream manufacturers, i had been hoping one would find a way to bridge and bring the purifi accuracy combined with higher power output. They would have to find a way to bypass Purifi's dreaded not recommended for use under 4 ohms before i could feel comfortable since my speakers dip below.
Along comes a company i had not heard of, Vera-Audio. Their solution ticked all the boxes and seems well engineered. In addition, they post here, are transparent and share measurements (which need to be verified by Amir once they send him their sample) so I am watching closely as this product gets ever closer to release.
The one thing that has me bothered is i have not heard of them before. They don't seem to have too many products and the number of reviews i could find, is disappointingly low. IF something goes wrong i am too far away to do much about it so what i was hoping to find is if anyone here has done business with them (doesnt have to be on these new purifi amps) and what their impressions were. Even if they are the only ones who have solved this, are they honest, trustworthy, stand behind their product and have longevity. These are all the intangibles i look for (and others i am not going t mention) when i do business with people. In my business i put peoples interest ahead of mine and i would prefer to work with those who feel similarly.
Anyone?
If you dont want to post publicly, please just pm me. Any input is appreciated.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Wouldn't buy from them for several reasons:
1. Website doesnt look professional/modern enough for me. I discredit a lot of websites, simply because the owners/leaders don't care enough, which makes me think they don't care about their customers. Next...
2. Price says "29 600 NOK ex VAT (outside Norway)" => USD$ 3441 => Wow? Killer markup!...At that price, it better come with a brick of gold!
3. No information about who created the company. Is it Joe Smith, a P.Eng or a company? Who knows...??

Overall, I would be extremely caution buying from a new company with no history and very little transparency.
Of course, with time they could prove to be reliable...so, the usual disclaimer...IMO, YMMV, etc.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Probably a new company doing some custom enhancements on top of the typical class D modules. The results are measured and published for all to see. They even participate in ASR, as can be seen here.

Personally it looks very good to me and would be one of my top buys today. But then Bruno Putzeys is working on high powered class D modules in Purifi right now, so we will have new modules being released some time in the future, which is what I am looking forward too.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ds/vera-audio-class-d-amp-build-quality.9895/

Last edited:
OP
M

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Wouldn't buy from them for several reasons:
1. Website doesnt look professional/modern enough for me. I discredit a lot of websites, simply because the owners/leaders don't care enough, which makes me think they don't care about their customers. Next...
2. Price says "29 600 NOK ex VAT (outside Norway)" => USD$ 3441 => Wow? Killer markup!...At that price, it better come with a brick of gold!
3. No information about who created the company. Is it Joe Smith, a P.Eng or a company? Who knows...??

Overall, I would be extremely caution buying from a new company with no history and very little transparency.
Of course, with time they could prove to be reli le..so, the usual disclaimer...IMO, YMMV, etc.

My thoughs exactly on the website. Not very legit looking and makes me wonder about the products and people behind it (which desparetely neeeds some more info)
Agree completely on the price, comparing it to NAD for example The only reason i find it worth considering is no one else is doing it now so that is worth something. i do differ in most people]s comments about price on ASR. The correct price is what others are willing to pay for it not cost plus profit. Let the price be dictated by offereing and the market. They are in the business to make money, them ore they make the longer they stay in business.

Thanks, lets me know others are thinking the same as me and i am not totally off base

OP
M

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Probably a new company doing some custom enhancements on top of the typical class D modules. The results are measured and published for all to see. They even participate in ASR, as can be seen here.

Personally it looks very good to me and would be one of my top buys today. But them Bruno Putzeys is working on high powered class D modules in Purifi right now, so we will have new modules being released some time in the future, which is what I am looking forward too.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ds/vera-audio-class-d-amp-build-quality.9895/
yah, i have heard about the new higher power modules coming for at least a year.
The other thing, looking at the new icepower modules with ungodly amounts of power that are almost ready to be released may be another solution. its all about how long am i willing to wait.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
M

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom