• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Vandersteen VLR Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 215 90.7%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 16 6.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor
If this thread were an episode of Top Gear, James May would be saying “I think he’s referring to a gentleman’s sausage.”

Holmz

Major Contributor
Actually I've never heard 'organ pipe' refer to anything except, generically, any pipe that's part of a pipe organ (never capitalized), or, a type of cactus . So I've probably no idea what you are talking about...nor why it made you spit your coffee. Nor why the other guy kept writing "Organ Pipe".

I assumed you corrected it to “pipe organ”, as “organ pipe” looked like a possible male reference.

As I missed it the first time around, before your correction, I thought you were being subtle… hence the coffee spit.

krabapple

Major Contributor
I assumed you corrected it to “pipe organ”, as “organ pipe” looked like a possible male reference.

You mean a cock?

I've never heard one called, even jokingly, an 'organ pipe'. Double entendres about 'pipe organs' abound, though.

I corrected "Organ Pipe" to "pipe organ" because no one calls a pipe organ an Organ Pipe.

Maybe there are native language issues here. <shrug>

Holmz

Major Contributor

I've never heard one called, even jokingly, an 'organ pipe'. Double entendres about 'pipe organs' abound, though.

Organ is used as slang and medical term.
And Pipe is also a slang term.

In any case you deadpan correction, tickled my funny bone.

Maybe there are native language issues here. <shrug>

I am not sure what your native language is, but the other poster had their location as Milwaukee, Wisconsin, so I assumed that American (English) would be the native language. Which could be wrong.

krabapple

Major Contributor
Not Wisconsin, but I got a chuckle out of this lyric from a guy in Minnesota

"The phone rings, it's Vicki calling
She wants me to come to the crib
She says conversation's better than being lonely
So I try my best to ad lib
I told the joke about the woman
Who asked her lover "Why is your organ so small?"
He replied "I didn't know I was playing in a cathedral"
Vicki didn't laugh at all"
--Prince, 'Vicki Waiting'