• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Using Yamaha Ag03 as a DAC

brydon10

Yea, looks like you could just fine. I'm pretty sure these are standard line outs. But personally I would opt for a seperate DAC (like the D10 as you said).

Untitled.png

OP
S

Sevelos

Yea, looks like you could just fine. I'm pretty sure these are standard line outs.

There is a volume knob that controls the volume coming out of the line-outs. Do you know how I should set this volume in order that the internal amplifier of the Yamaha does not interfere with getting the best sound quality out of the Atom?

Do you know perhaps whether the sound quality of the Yamaha DAC is comparable to external DACs such as the D10?

brydon10

The sound quality would likely be just fine. Using variable line outs is not ideal running into the amp. Fixed is better. Just buy a DAC and then you don't need to worry about it.

Top Bottom