• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Using a minidsp nanoDIGI with HIFIMAN HE4XX

rubley00

I've been using a 2x4 HD for a long time with my desktop speakers/sub, as well as another 2x4 HD for my front living room speakers/sub, and a 6x12 in my car, so I guess I'm a certified minidsp lunatic at this point.

I ordered the EARS rig and nanoDIGI for something to play around with. The chart below is right channel before (red) and after (green).
I'm having a lot of trouble getting REW to calculate filters that make sense, it just seems to enhance the problems, so this result is me
manually tweaking the EQ's (input and output).

I'm sure the EARS measurement system is far from perfect, but I'm happy with the results I got messing around for an hour.
Low bass has been restored, recessed upper vocals are now fully present, high frequencies have been tamed.

Attachments

• nanodigi-right-he4xx.png
    nanodigi-right-he4xx.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 259

Alobar

Forum Donor
Great results! I'm thinking about ordering the EARS head myself as I had good results in the past taming my triamped JBL's with a 4x10 HD. Was planning on manually entering the peq's into jrivers DSP Studio as a saved config for a pair of Sennheiser HD-600s..

Top Bottom