• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

useful add ons

Willem

Major Contributor
I am interested in two types of add ons that I cannot find much information about:
1 auto switchers for optical inputs, and these ones in particular: https://www.lindy.co.uk/audio-video-c2/4-port-automatic-optical-audio-switch-p2921 and https://www.tindie.com/products/Beni_Skate/automatic-spdif-opticalrca-audio-switch/ The latter interests me in particular because it promises some de-jittering, and that has me worried a bit. A unit such as this would be used to handle my three optical sources in combination with a DAC such as the RME ADI-2 that has only one input.
2 A 230 Volt auto on/off sensing switch to turn on my power amplifier on when it recieves a signal and off when there is no signal (just like a subwoofer). The amplifier is a Quad 606-2 that has the switch at the back because it is supposed to be used in combination with a Quad preamplifier. The Quad 606-2 does not have a trigger input. My Ava Maestro 50 bedroom amplifier has such an auto on/off functionality and it allows me to even put the amplifier out of sight.

I would think I am not the only forum member who would find such units convenient.

OP
W

Willem

Major Contributor
Nobody? The input switch is getting urgent because I have indeed bought an RME Adi-2. It is an amazing piece of kit, but with only one optical input for my four optical sources. It is now four because the family insisted that I keep the Linn/SME turntable. I ordered a Pro-ject MM phono pre-amp with optical output, so that takes the number of optical sources to four. I could not find any tests with measurements for that pre-amp/ADC so I went by the generally decent quality of Pro-ject gear and the fact that it is likely to be much better than anything coming out of the turntable.
An auto on/off switch for the power amp would still be much appreciated as well.

Krunok

Major Contributor
That SPDIF switch looks fine to me.

I'm looking for the 230V switch myself but no luck so far. My Rotel amp has 12V trigger input but my DAC doesn't.

Top Bottom