• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Used Topping DX7s or New Topping EX5?

yuriy.ward

Hi everyone! I need your help with selecting proper audio equipment.

I can buy used DX7s for $265. Is it worth buying them now?

I currently use Aune X1s 10th and need balanced outputs for active monitors (Kali Audio LP-6 v2) and a collection of headphones and IEMs.

I'm also struggling between Topping E50+L50, D10B+L50, A30 Pro+D30Pro, and other combinations
My goal is to get the best value/price from APM/DAC + preamp

regan

Hi everyone! I need your help with selecting proper audio equipment.

I can buy used DX7s for $265. Is it worth buying them now?

I currently use Aune X1s 10th and need balanced outputs for active monitors (Kali Audio LP-6 v2) and a collection of headphones and IEMs.

I'm also struggling between Topping E50+L50, D10B+L50, A30 Pro+D30Pro, and other combinations
My goal is to get the best value/price from APM/DAC + preamp
What did you end up getting?

OP
Y

yuriy.ward

What did you end up getting?
Topping A90+SMSL DO100. Completly happy, for DAC no more is needed. I have also Topping D90 MQA in my saloon for floorstands setup, so I can compare both

OP
Y

yuriy.ward

I tested Topping DX5, Topping E30, D10B. Didn't like user experience and build quality, sounds wise A90+DO100 seemed to be better

regan

Topping A90+SMSL DO100. Completly happy, for DAC no more is needed. I have also Topping D90 MQA in my saloon for floorstands setup, so I can compare both
A90 seems to be a headphone amp. That's what they say on product's page. How can you use it for studio monitors?
Newbie here btw

OP
Y

yuriy.ward

A90 seems to be a headphone amp. That's what they say on product's page. How can you use it for studio monitors?
Newbie here btw
It has preamp mode, so XLR goes out to monitors, much better sound and control then directly from DAC.
Btw audio interfaces are the same amps but with ADC/DAC and other recording features

Top Bottom