• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

USB to SPDIF Converter - D10 vs others

monkeyboy

I'd like to get a USB to COAX SPDIF converter for my new active monitor setup.

A Topping D10 seems to be the cheapest option, with the Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 being much more expensive, though measuring better as well.

Would you consider improvement found with the Matrix Audio audible?

OP
M

monkeyboy

Thanks for the response...

I'm using a pair a Neumann KH 310As fed through a KH 750 DSP sub. The sub takes analog or BNC (75 Ω): AES3; S/P-DIF.

I currently feed it analog, but would like to avoid the D/A->A/D->D/A conversions...but I'm not ready to spend $400 to the USB to SPDIF...I'm using a D50 for the A/D, I'm not sure going all digital will make a meaningful difference in the sound quality...

soundwave76

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I use Matrix X-SPDIF because it has also digital AES output. D10 is a really good choice because also of the screen, which the X doesn’t have.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for the response...

I'm using a pair a Neumann KH 310As fed through a KH 750 DSP sub. The sub takes analog or BNC (75 Ω): AES3; S/P-DIF.

I currently feed it analog, but would like to avoid the D/A->A/D->D/A conversions...but I'm not ready to spend $400 to the USB to SPDIF...I'm using a D50 for the A/D, I'm not sure going all digital will make a meaningful difference in the sound quality...
I think you won't hear any difference but if you sell the D50 and get the D10 instead you might even get a few dollars back.

Top Bottom