• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

USB to AES/EBU: the solution?

ShadowNeko

Thanks! Unfortunately the PRE90 doesnt have AES out! And I'm looking to connect to s3v's which have AES3 in.

Any ideas?

Hows the user interface on that one?
You just plug in the usb c and it outputs to aes coax and spdif. It has a display that shows dsd/pcm and the sanple rate.

zym1010

Forum Donor
Im selling my Xing AF200 if anyone wants since i changed my mind on buying the 8330a.

8330a + AF200 serve me well though. Wonder what are the alternatives you are looking for

zym1010

Forum Donor
Does it have volume control?

Michael

FYI AF200 can show volume on its LED though. So it’s not a device with NO notion of volume.

Veri

Master Contributor
I saw that https://www.audiophonics.fr/fr/inte...2s-2x-tcxo-alimentation-230v-otg-p-10547.html is similar to PUC2 lite. From what I read, they use the same chipset. Is there anything special about PUC2 that would justify the price difference (except the fact that PUC2 is probably produced in Germany and the other one in China)?
The audiophonics one was shortly checked on SBAF here under name "breeze audio su-u8". It looks fine and should work well if it has the functionality you need.

stva

Thanks for pointing out those test results! I see that the su-u8 was ranked bellow singxer su-1 and this last one was actually tested here, by @amirm, ending up as not recommended. There is indeed a big price difference between the su-u8 and su-1, but it makes me wonder if puc2 may actually worth it's money... Unfortunatley I can't find any actual measurements for puc2.

dosifey

Veri

Master Contributor
The audiophonics and its aliexpress clone... https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32450088506.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.21ef1802oDr8LX
1. Does it work with Android devices?.. Nvidia Shield ecspecially. As Shield outputs audio via USB...
2. What can you tell about the three power options? Is it just marketing?..
As long as its XMOS-based it should be UAC compliant, so it should work yes.
Save your money on those expensive options.. :) you just need it to work is all.

Matthias McCready

I bought one of the $40 Chinese USB to AES devices.

It worked with my Mac, but not with my windows computer (which saw it, but did not have drivers for it).

I searched the chipset number, and all of 5 google hits came back.

However as luck would have it, this is the same device used in Emotiva's PT1/TA1. And they noted on their website that Windows requires a driver download, which they conveniently listed on their website. Downloaded the .exe and it is all good to go.

gino1961

Hi thanks for the thread I understand that some dacs are less sensitive to incoming jitter than others
Imho the better dacs always reclock the signal internally with high precision ... or have a clock input to connect a precision master clock
So using even a cheap usb to spdif (or optical) bridge should be just fine
imho of course

gino1961

If it's still relevant for someone else, I've been using this cable for many years in our studio. In my opinion this is the best solution on the market today.
hi could you please list the units connected with this cable?
i cannot understand how it works

akbartm

If it's still relevant for someone else, I've been using this cable for many years in our studio. In my opinion this is the best solution on the market today.
Could you link a product/web shop page? I can't find any and the solution seems great.

dosifey

In my opinion this is the best solution on the market today.
What makes is "the best" solution? Also, all I see is just some photo in tweeter - no info on tech characteristics or where to buy and how much it costs.

e_h

Could you link a product/web shop page? I can't find any and the solution seems great.
I emailed Amiteque Electronics (info[at]amiteque.com) - it costs 95 USD and can be ordered via email it seems :)

Top Bottom