• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

USB Interface OR DAC/AMP

Rockfella

Forum Donor
Hi,
I have Asus Xonar DX sound card with Cirrus Logic chipsets: the CS4398 (front) and the CS4362A (centre, side and rear) that runs my new KaliAudio LP6s.
I still have my 5 year old Fiio E10 (Not K) for my Audio Technica M40x and TinAudio T2. I feel both the M40x and T2 have a lot more potential and the old E10 is a bottleneck. I was thinking to to upgrade to a balanced DAC/AMP so as to use XLR connections (as I've read they are the best of all)

I don't do any mixing or recording but I was wondering if a USB interface from Focusrite might be a better option or shall I go with a true balanced DAC/AMP?

If yes please suggest some good ones. I ordered Fiio K5 Pro (it was DOA hence waiting for replacement/can cancel order) and the only thing I don't like about the K5 pro is the RCA connection which is considered the most inferior.

Any inputs are welcome.

Thx.

bunkbail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
#9038S if you don't mind going balanced.

OP
Rockfella

Rockfella

Forum Donor
#9038S if you don't mind going balanced.
Thx for replying. This tech is really amazing!
However I need something for my new Kali Audio LP6s as well :)
Thx much :)

Top Bottom