• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

USB-C to Lightning OTG adapter! Lightning to USB-C OTG adapter?

chi2

Forum Donor
I tried several USB-C to lightning adapters and finally found one that supports data transfer:

C_to_L_OTG_ADAPTER.PNG

This allows using USB-C dongle dacs (MEIZU, MEIZU Pro, Musiland MU2) with an iPhone (interestingly the Apple USB-C dongle dac is not supported). Now if only there was the inverse thing, too, making it possible to use dongles with lighning connector (Fiio KA2, Ikko Zerda ITM03) with an Android smartphone or an iPad mini. (Don't ask me why this is so important to me ;)).

So, does anyone happen to know a Lighning to USB-C adapter or adapter cable that supports data transfer and not only charging? (The McDodo adapter (https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005001941208987.html) sometimes advertised as featuring data transfer only supports charging.)

Thanks, Urs

staticV3

Master Contributor
So, does anyone happen to know a Lighning to USB-C adapter or adapter cable that supports data transfer and not only charging?
Lightning Male to Type-C Female, or Lightning Female to Type-C Male?

OP
C

chi2

Forum Donor
The latter: Lightning Female to Type-C Male. The other version can be seen above :).

OP
C

chi2

Forum Donor
Thanks a bunch. Will try to find out if support for apple earphones with lightning connector implies full dac support.

OP
C

chi2

Forum Donor
Couldn't find any trustworthy information on dac support of this type of earphone lightning to type C adapter. I've ordered one to try out. Will report back.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Couldn't find any trustworthy information on dac support of this type of earphone lightning to type C adapter.
Fwiw, Apple lightning earpods are just a normal USB DAC (same as the dongle) with earphones permanently attached to it.

OP
C

chi2

Forum Donor
Got the "Vrestu" adapter (https://a.aliexpress.com/_EGQU5kb) and while it supports the Apple lightning dongle dac on the iPad mini and the Samsung S10 it doesn't work at all with my lightning dongle dacs by other manufactures (Fiio KA2, Ikko ITM03, Hilidac Atom).

Last edited:

Beemer1972

New member here. I just bought a fiio ka2 but ordered the usb c instead of the lightning version by mistake. Seller on eBay will not accept returns. So my options are. Buy an adapter so I can use it,this will be nearly as much as I paid for the ka2. Sell it and try to recoup the money back or opt for another dac. The onkyo dap that I use atm is losing charge quickly so portability is getting out of hand. So I need something to run my fiio fd5 out and about. So it’s a lightning to usb c or something like the ddhifi tc35i or tc35 pro.

Top Bottom